Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087

Article about: Gentlemen, I saw this item at a local antique store and decided to make the purchase. This item is certainly a first for me and certainly one of the few items I have ever collected from the

Default Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087

Gentlemen,

I saw this item at a local antique store and decided to make the purchase. This item is certainly a first for me from the former Soviet Union.

None the less, the item was inexpensive and I figured it will display well.

Any help as to whom it was awarded to would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087   Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087  

Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087   Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087  

Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Re-Issue No. 2620087
    P
    Many

These 1985 awarded orders are impossible to match with a name when the document is not coming with the award. These 1985 can not to be searched by number unfortunately. One has to have the matching document. But a very nice order you have!

Marcel,

I appreciate your help and knowledge. Though unknown to whom it was issued to, it still has the historical relevance to a WWII Soviet veteran. Thank you again!

Regards,

Joel
    Last edited by buellmeister; 03-08-2023 at 10:17 PM.

I agree, a name will never be known unfortunately but it is a nice award from a veteran.

A nice order to start a collection of Soviet Awards.
    It looks like it is a 1st class 1985 edition (type 3) of the Order of the Great Patriotic War. The 1985 edition is an anniversary award and not a combat award.
    A 1st class was awarded to veterans of the Great Patriotic War who were "Hero of the Soviet Union" or "Cavalier" (three classes Order of glory). A 1st class was also awarded to supreme officers and to soldiers who were disabled in the war or to wounded soldiers who were distinguished with the medals "for Bravery", "for Combat Service", "Ushakov", "Nahkimov" and "Partisan 1st and 2nd class". All other veterans received the 2nd class 1985 edition (type 3).
    As Marcel already wrote, without a matching document, the anniversary edition cannot be checked to whom he had been granted.

For more information about the order see; Орден ОТЕЧЕСТВЕННОЙ ВОЙНЫ - 2 and Орден ОТЕЧЕСТВЕННОЙ ВОЙНЫ - 7

Asjemenou,

I thank you as well for your added information and knowledge. Being a 1st class award certainly, "ups the ante" per se of the soldier's rank or service in the Great Patriotic War. Once again being one of my first Soviet awards, I'm happy I made the decision with adding it to my WWII collection.

Thank you again!

Joel

I think it is just a tarnished second class, but it is at the VERY end of the 1st class range so possible , but think it is just tarnished

meyerse,

Thank you you as well for your insight. I looked over the link that Asjemenou had thankfully provided and you are indeed correct with the Order being a 2nd class designation.

Regards,

Joel