MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Order of Kutuzov II for actions at Kursk

Article about: As some of you may know I've been selling a big chunck of my German, British and US collection, with only one reason; a beautiful Order of Kutuzov 2nd class awarded to Guards Colonel Ivan Iv

@ Asjemenou: it already crossed my mind to start getting this grouping back together. Unfortunately a Suvorov 2nd class is way out of my price range so it'll be very, very difficult to complete this grouping without financial miracles haha. Instead I wanna complete a full Glory cavalier grouping of which I have high hopes it can work out well.

@Leaftree: the nice thing is that such high end awards always keep their value and average, common awards and other plentiful militaria items always go a bit up and a bit down value-wise. And even though the "investment" part is not what motivates and drives me, it still is a nice bonus.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Kutuzov II for actions at Kursk
    P
    Many

An amazing award, with even more amazing history! Excellent research Marcel, this has to be a collection gem for sure.

Beautiful!!!
    A Superb high end award with amazing history
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Interesting. The man's Record Card is extremely top-heavy, no wonder the seller chose to split the set. How many of you are ready to pay more than $45 000 for a group of Soviet awards? Bogdan Khmelnytskyi 2nd class, Suvorov 2nd, Kutuzov 2nd, early RFSFR Red Banner, two more rare re-awarded Red Banners with white numerals on them, early 1st class Patriotic War and early platinum Lenin... His rare medal "20 years of RKKA" would be worth "only" $200 and it looks tiny next to almost anything from this list.

In my city you can buy a nice apartment with 3 bedrooms for those money. I would be afraid of touching this set. Truly a dream-like thing. It's a pity when people split those sets, of course, but few have enough money to pay for that and even fewer are willing to pay. I remember a heavier set than this being split as well, that set featured order of the Red Banner of Labour of Khorezm People's Soviet Republic, the Soviet Republic that existed only for 4 years.
    Last edited by Kapchynskyi; 08-02-2021 at 04:32 AM.

?

Congratulations, Marcel, with a spectacular piece!

Thanks a lot Igor, also for assisting with additional research. It is much appreciated!

Order of Kutuzov II for actions at KurskOrder of Kutuzov II for actions at KurskOrder of Kutuzov II for actions at Kursk

One more photo of the general and his grave card....

Thanks a lot for this. Does it say which cemetary he lays? Would be worth visiting on my next trip to Russia to pay my respect.

Thumbs up

Marcel,

Absolutely stunning piece and write up. You are true collector! Many times I come across individuals who are "collectors", only to learn they only care about is how much their item is worth. Or what profit they can make if they flip it. The history or achievements of the individual mean nothing to them.

Many thanks for the write up, research and posting. You are truly committed to keeping the memory and achievements of this individual alive.

Gerry C.

From the Still Hot High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Thank you very much Gerry, that means a lot to me. Thanks!!!
    I indeed only collect because I am interested in the item and its history. I don't care for value or if I eventually win or lose money on them. In fact, my Soviet awards collection will be with me 'till my very end. And when I am no longer on this earth my wife can sell these and do nice things with the money

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast