Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?

Article about: Found this online. Ribbon is old origin, hanger seems to be original, and the connector isn't cut. The gold plating is good, and hammer-sickle is soldered. Enamel is good looking, but the se

Default Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?

Found this online. Ribbon is old origin, hanger seems to be original, and the connector isn't cut. The gold plating is good, and hammer-sickle is soldered. Enamel is good looking, but the serial number throws me off a little. Is this a real one, or a fake made from №3 with blue painted on it? Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?
    I see these can go around 50000 in serial number, so it is close. But still high. Should I go for it, or ditch?

--

Edit: Seller also accepts returns, and pays shipping themselves, so this adds to the feeling of genuine. Their feedback is also very high.
    Last edited by VasOnARitz; 02-01-2022 at 02:36 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?
    P
    Many

Hi, I don't know if it's relevant, but I saw that no one answered you when I was looking through the topic.

The award is original, but unfortunately, it is a 3-degree award. I'm 95% sure. You see, there really weren't more than 50,000 of them, not 60,000, and that's for sure.

What you are faced with is a homemade, and quite rude and stupid. Over the past couple of years, we have had a lot of such homemade products on our market in Russia. People take the order of the third degree, cover it with gilding, and fill the center with hot enamel.

Firstly, there were no awards with such a high number. secondly, the enamel is too dark. The enamel should be light blue, the color on your award is unnatural. Enamel addition, it is too convex, if you pay attention, you will see that when it was filled in, it did not completely fill the edges, I have never met such a marriage with real awards. It's not very visible from the photo, but it seems to that kind of melted the circle a little. This happens when she enamel is poured manually. This was not the case on the original awards because of the special technology.

Sorry if this is difficult to read. It's all because of the translator.

With respect DanielAntic

I agree with DanielAntic, this is a 3rd class made to look like a 2nd class.
    The blue enamel is missing in some places and is of poor quality.
    Here are some pictures of mine for reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?   Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?  

Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?   Order Labour Glory №2 - Real?  

VasOnARitz,

Just a short note to say sorry about the chicanery. Hopefully you'll be able to return it to the seller. So you know attempts at altering orders is not limited to Labour orders. I have an OGIII I purchased approx 25 years ago. And at some point in it's life someone tried to alter it to an OGII. Fortunately, the seller I purchased it from clearly identified the issues with it in his listing. So as you can see the temptation to alter Soviet orders or medals is not anything new.

Regards,

Gerry C.

From the VERY DRY High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.
    Gerry

Thank you all for the help. In the end I hadn't bought it, as the seller removed it from listings, so no worries for returning. Fortunately, I got a 3rd class with a document, which I'm fairly certain is original. I'll try upload it sometime.