Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this an original Nakhimov II, and document?

Article about: This is ending in less than a day... The order looks original, the details look correct, but I srspect the document is partially forged: It looks like the signature is over an older one... A

Default Is this an original Nakhimov II, and document?

This is ending in less than a day... The order looks original, the details look correct, but I srspect the document is partially forged: It looks like the signature is over an older one... Anyways, here are images.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original Nakhimov II, and document?
    P
    Many

What do you think? Originals are around the $ 30.000 - $ 50.000 and extremely rare and to me, the entry in the booklet doesn't look right either. Did you check his name on Pamyat Naroda to see if he actually earned this award?
    Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 10-25-2020 at 07:07 PM.

USSR ORDER OF NAKHIMOV 2 DEGREE | eBay

No reserve, starting price at $ 0,01 and seller with only 15 positive feedback. He has also a 1st degree, current bid at € 1,06. And you think there's a possibility of this being original??

https://www.ebay.nl/sch/antikmedal/m...p2047675.l2562

As said, he has a positive feedback of only 15, sold last month another (!!!!!!!!!!) Nakhimov 1st class for only $ 1025 (normally $ 60.000 - $ 70.000) and a Suvorov II for also $ 1025 (normally +/- $ 30.000). And some months earlier an Ushakov 1 for $ 650. Those are among the most rare Soviet awards and are being offerend on Ebay, without any reserve and without any provenance or detailed info.

Edit: look at all the award booklets and than at the handwriting of these super rare awards. Doesn't this ring a bell?

All that said, I think you should bid!

Thanks for your opinion, Marcel.

Although Sergei Timofeevich Pravdivets was awarded an Order of the Red Star as well as an Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class, 1985 Jubilee issue, the archive makes no mention of a Nakhimov. The Order Book is good, however, the entry for and the Order itself are a forgery, in my opinion.

Yes, like all the award booklets sold by this seller. All are original booklets, all have only one or two originally awarded awards mentioned in the booklet - usually Red Star, all have added this high end award, all in the exact same handwriting in all those 'different' booklets. Those who received these Nakhimov I and II as well as Ushakov I and II and the Suvorov II are all awardees who have a whole bunch of awards and never only a Red Star (I have a book about the Suvorov order with mentioned all awardees of this order - so easy for a quick search).

What puzzles me though is that people pay $1025 for an obvious fake??

For those interested; this Nakhimov II sold last night for $ 124,50. Quite far from the average price of an original

For those who believe this seller sells originals; he also has a Nakhimov 1st class which auction ends tomorow. With this bid so far it's the steal of century

USSR ORDER OF NAKHIMOV 1 DEGREE | eBay

Looking through that chap's seller history he's making a decent profit peddling out fake crap.

Quite good profits indeed. And nobody thinks it is strange that he sells some of the most rare Soviet awards, some of which he even had several times. The Order of Nakhimov 1st class for example of which only 80 were awarded. He has yet another for sale, again # 18 now yours for only $ 999

USSR ORDER OF NAKHIMOV 1 DEGREE | eBay

At the same time he once again poster another Nakhimov II, once again # 645. Anyway, starting price for this ultra rare award now only $ 0,99

USSR ORDER OF NAKHIMOV 2 DEGREE | eBay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast