Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Patriotic War 1st Class Issue

Article about: The piece has gaps where the enameled star meets the spire piece (check pictures) and is that common on this order or is this a sign of of tampering? Thanks John

Thumbs up Patriotic War 1st Class Issue

The piece has gaps where the enameled star meets the spire piece (check pictures) and is that common on this order or is this a sign of of tampering?
    Thanks
    John

Patriotic War 1st Class IssuePatriotic War 1st Class IssuePatriotic War 1st Class IssuePatriotic War 1st Class IssuePatriotic War 1st Class Issue

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Patriotic War 1st Class Issue
    P
    Many

WWIIBUFF,

Not sure what you mean by "gaps" ? Pictures really don't reflect how much of a gap there is between the two pieces. That said, I believe there has to be some space present between the two. It's not a one piece construction for this order.

Again I'm just not sure what you mean by "gap". Sorta like "How long is a piece of string." Without photos hard to say if the gap is acceptable or not. But overall, everything looks good in my opinion.

Gerry C.

Writing from the High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Thumbs up re

Here are the pictures. I put an arrow pointing at the "gap area"
    Thanks
    John

Patriotic War 1st Class IssuePatriotic War 1st Class IssuePatriotic War 1st Class Issue

Thanks for the additional photos. I have to admit not real pleased to see the gap. From what I understand, in my limited experience and what I have in my collection, Soviet orders and medals were of the highest manufactured quality. Their quality control was fantastic.

Took the time to visit some other sights to examine their OPW 1st Class'. Everything I viewed shows the mounting between the order and the back plate is almost seamless. Almost as if to the point of looking like its one piece construction. Gaps and improper mating on this one does raise some concerns. But I'm not an expert. Maybe someone else with more expertise will offer up an opinion.

Gerry C.

Writing from the High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.