Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Posthumous: Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class

Article about: Here is a war-time period Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class, №292327. It is in excellent condition, with no serious damage, still retaining its original gold hammer and sickle, screw an

Default Posthumous: Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class

Here is a war-time period Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class, №292327. It is in excellent condition, with no serious damage, still retaining its original gold hammer and sickle, screw and screw plate. It is the 3rd Variant, for the 2nd batch (from the Leningrad Mint). Overall, this order is a certain beauty.

Upon receiving research, I found that it was a posthumous award, issued to Krasnoarmeyts Petr Kuz'mich Lakoza (Пeтр Кузьмич Лакоза), from Drobyshevo, Chernihiv Region in Ukraine. It was awarded on the 8th February of 1945. Lakoza was member of the 1343rd Infantry Regiment, of the
    399th Infantry Novozybkovskaya Red Banner and Order of the Suvorov Division.

His award list below, gave the reason that "Red Army Soldier Lakoza, who participated in the battle to repel an enemy counterattack near Seepoten (East Prussia), on January 26, 1945, being under enemy’s gunfire, was the first to go on the attack and, in misfortune, fired on enemy soldiers from his personal weapon, and destroyed 5 German soldiers. In this battle, Comrade Lakoza died a heroic death." (Seepothen is currently Golubevo, in the Kaliningrad Oblast - Lakoza's death was registered for the following day, on the 27th.)

(Documents specifying his death)

Information tells that Lakoza should be buried in the 9th Quarter, Row 1, Tomb 2 of the Braniewo Soviet Cementary, although some Information calls for burial in Deutschendorf (Wilczęta, Warmian-Masurian Voi., Poland), South of Braniewo.

красноармеец Лакоза Петр Кузьмич

About his burial, please tell me if there is any problems, mistakes or if it is accurate. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Posthumous: Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class
    P
    Many

Due to posthumous status, I assume the award was sent to his wife, Sof'ya Gerasimovna Lakoza. There is some mild showing of wear, where the screw plate has scratched the order leaving an imprint. Does it mean this was worn by someone, or passed around and screwed/unscrewed by many different owners?

Very nice order. I noticed this go online and now regret not buying it haha. I really like these posthumous awarded orders. They make you humble when realising what heroic acts the awardees have done. So congrats with this excellent addition to your collection!

The wear what you describe is imo just from the many hands that held this award.

Thank you. I agree with what you say, that it is such a great act, at a cost of life. Posthumous awards have an emotional sense to it. I am proud to own this item. Also, thank you for the opinion.

A beauty indeed! ….and with an amazing story

Congratulations on a nice pick up

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very nice award with a valiant yet somber story behind it. Congrats on the new purchase

Regards,
    Nikita.