Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some Soviet medals

Article about: Seeking opinions on these in an upcoming estate sale. I don't collect Soviet at all but if the price is right I'd go after them. Looks like For The Victory Over Germany in the Great Patrioti

Default Some Soviet medals

Seeking opinions on these in an upcoming estate sale. I don't collect Soviet at all but if the price is right I'd go after them. Looks like For The Victory Over Germany in the Great Patriotic War, Orders of the Red Star, Order of the Patriotic War 2nd class. Is there a way to tell when the Orders of the Red Star and Order of the Patriotic War 2nd class were issued? What's a reasonable value? Thanks!

Some Soviet medalsSome Soviet medalsSome Soviet medalsSome Soviet medalsSome Soviet medalsSome Soviet medalsSome Soviet medalsSome Soviet medalsSome Soviet medals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Soviet medals
    P
    Many

The first Red Star, # 1810354 is a MZPP (Moskow "Platinapribor" Factory) made star, awarded probably mid to late 1945. Next up the Order of Great Patriotic War is a 1985 awarded order, given to all living veterans of the war. The Victory over Germany is the last version of this medal, dating late 40's I'd say. The last Red Star, # 2611688 is an early postwar awarded star, most likely for actions in the war.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    The first Red Star, # 1810354 is a MZPP (Moskow "Platinapribor" Factory) made star, awarded probably mid to late 1945. Next up the Order of Great Patriotic War is a 1985 awarded order, given to all living veterans of the war. The Victory over Germany is the last version of this medal, dating late 40's I'd say. The last Red Star, # 2611688 is an early postwar awarded star, most likely for actions in the war.
    Thank you! Is there a website or chart you used to determine that?

Thanks Bill!

I prefer to use:

Soviet award serial number ranges

And:
    http://www.odysseus1.freeyellow.com/odysseus/rs.htm

Edit: I see you also mentioned medalsmarket link. My apologies.
    Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 07-31-2020 at 02:51 PM.