Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Soviet WW2 medal

Article about: Hi guys, I fell for this salty medal today. Any thoughts on it at all. I´m not an expert in these but I was hoping that this might be one with an original ribbon to it? Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Soviet WW2 medal

Hi guys,

I fell for this salty medal today. Any thoughts on it at all. I´m not an expert in these but I was hoping that this might be one with an original ribbon to it?

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet WW2 medal   Soviet WW2 medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet WW2 medal
    P
    Many

Hi Jan, the ribbon is incorrect for this medal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is a postwar combat merit medal and as Ade says it is the wrong ribbon (both Order of Glory and Victory over Germany medal have this ribbon and this one is most likely taken from the abundantly available Victory over Germany medal).

Edit: suspension is also a replacement with connecting ring that is not from a medal.

Jan
    ?

Thanks a lot Ade!! Would it be possible for you to tell me what medal the ribbon belongs to and what the correct ribbon for this pariclar medal loks like.

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

Thanks Marcel, this clarifies the situation. As for the ribbon itself, could it be original (the first attached ribbon)?

Best,

Jan

Yes, the ribbon is original to this suspension. Abundantly available on ebay in this condition for less than € 5 (for suspension with ribbon). It is a suspension seen on many late 40's Victory over Germany medals.

Medal "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945" - Wikipedia

Jan
    ?

Thanks again. So the search for a well worn (postwar ) combat merit medal ribbon and a well worn medal for the victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945 starts

Best, Jan

This may help you on your way (he's a reliable and great seller):

Original Soviet Russian BRASS Mount USSR Medal Combat Service Battle Merit + rib | eBay

Jan
    ?

Forever grateful Marcel.

Even though this is just a small item I would like to do it justice.

Best, Jan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast