Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very early OPW II awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov

Article about: Another new one for me. This is a very early Order of Patriotic War 2nd class, serial # 5628, awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov (Виктор Федорович Кутеп

Default Very early OPW II awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov

Another new one for me. This is a very early Order of Patriotic War 2nd class, serial # 5628, awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov (Виктор Федорович Кутепов). Viktor was a gun commander of a 76mm artillery battery, 1131st Rifle Regiment, 337th Rifle Division.

The award is exactly how I like to see them. In well worn condition and especially this one has been through a lot by the looks of it.

Very early OPW II awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich KutepovVery early OPW II awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very early OPW II awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov
    P
    Many

Viktor was awarded this OPW II for the following:

"The German invaders attempted series of assaults near the village Maliy Malgobek during the period 14-17 October 1942. All these assaults were fended off. The gun commander of the 76mm battery (1131 Rifle Regiment, 337 Rifle Division) Senior Sergeant KUTEPOV fought gallantly. Despite the fact that his open sights firing position was under heavy enemy mortar fire, he and his crew inflicted the following damage to the enemy: 1 tank, 1 pillbox, a group of entrenched submachine gunners, up to 40 enemy troops, and 1 vehicle.

For steadfastness and courage, I recommend senior sergeant KUTEPOV for the order “PATRIOTIC WAR II CLASS”. ”

Very early OPW II awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich KutepovVery early OPW II awarded to Senior Sergeant Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov

Besides this Order of Patriotic War 2nd class Viktor was also posthumously awarded the Order of Patriotic War 1st class. I have not yet the translation of the Citation for his OPW I however there's a report where Viktor is listed as casualty, died at April 28 1944.

After his death the Order of Patriotic War 2nd class was given to Viktor's family, together with his posthumously awarded OPW first class. Unfortunately the OPW I got lost in time but fortunately Matt managed to get this OPW 2nd class directly from the family and I am proud to be the current caretaker of this beautiful award from a brave man; Viktor Fedorovich Kutepov.

Below the Citation for the OPW I which will be translated in time.

Marcel,

Very nice OPWII ! Great citation and has that been there look. Like you I prefer the worn condition. You can just visualize the order hanging off Kotepov's uniform as he's slogging through the hell of combat.

Great piece and glad to see it's in the hands of a true collector and historian.

Gerry C.

From the very Rainy High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Thanks a lot Gerry. You are right....if only this order could speak. It would have many exciting and brave stories to tell!