Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Veteran badges

Article about: Is anyone here collecting veteran badges? I only recently started to dive a bit deeper into the world of collecting veteran pins and badges and I must say there are many very nice badges. Wh

Three outstanding badges Marcel Great to see!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veteran badges
    P
    Many

The Ukrainian postal system is up and running again so new badges are arriving

Both are different variation Karelian Front badges including their documents which are quite rare.

Veteran badges

Veteran badges
    Veteran badges

After a quick search I managed to find that the 1st badge was awarded/handed out to Anatoli Tikhonovich Burlak (Бурлак Анатолий Тихонович) who served on the minesweeper ТЩ-104 as part of the Northern Fleet. According to the Decree from January 25 1945 Anatoli was awarded the Medal of Nakhimov. In 1985 he received the Order of Patriotic War 1st class.

Some new additions on their way to me, 12 versions of the 25 years anniversary badge. Instant collection

Veteran badges
    Veteran badges
    Veteran badges
    Veteran badges

My latest addition, a Veteran of the Volkhov Front badge handed out to Petr Andreevich Kolechnikov - Колечников Петр Андреевич (not 100% certain of the last name). The nice thing is that the badge comes with its 1997 dated document.

Колечников Петр Андреевич :: Память народа

Veteran badges

?

Hi Marcel, his last name is Kolesnikov (Колесников).

Thanks Auke. I figured out last week when my wife was correcting me on a few points with Cyrillic language hahaha
    So thanks, good to keep this forum clean of as many mistakes as possible so I am glad you checked the name

A new one arrived today after havin been at customs for over a month. Wonder why it stayed there for so long...
    Veteran 62nd and 8th Guards Army. Unfortunately this name is hard to decipher for me so any help would be much appreciated.
    It is something like Ilya Folich Mokrousov or something? But I know I am wrong since no name like this comes up in the online archives.

Veteran badges

Finally added a new veteran badge. This one is for the 50th Army, mentioning Tula and Koenigsberg. Another really nice design imo.

Veteran badgesVeteran badges

Another new one added. A quite rare 3rd Shock Army badge handed out to Ivan Ivanovich Derevyankin. Some regiments from the 3rd Shock Army were responsable for hoisting Soviet flags on the Reichstag in Berlin on April 30 1945 (as seen on this badge).

Veteran badgesVeteran badges

- - ------- - -

Veteran badges

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast