Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Warning on groups

Article about: Just a warning that a seller from Australia has once again flooded eBay with seemingly interesting groups, I suggest you look at BOTH the originality of the items as well as the legitimacy o

I've seen the groupings now, picked out a few. Some seem legit, some seem manipulated and/or fake. With a few I tried to search the awardees on Pamyat Naroda and the majority I can't find there (didn't try every single grouping in all fairness). Nakhimov medal awardee is a real Nakhimov awardee and the 2 Glory awardee indeed received two Glories plus the Red Star and Bravery for example. Good quality pics lack with the higher end awards so that's also a

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Warning on groups
    P
    Many

look at the odessa and doc just put up.....

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I've seen the groupings now, picked out a few. Some seem legit, some seem manipulated and/or fake. With a few I tried to search the awardees on Pamyat Naroda and the majority I can't find there (didn't try every single grouping in all fairness). Nakhimov medal awardee is a real Nakhimov awardee and the 2 Glory awardee indeed received two Glories plus the Red Star and Bravery for example. Good quality pics lack with the higher end awards so that's also a
    But every one has an issue that is 'possible' but odd... for example, in the Glory 2 set, look at the number on the OG3, issued way after the two. Sure, could have happened that he missed getting his original award, but look at the billet, the date of his birthday is clear, but the info above it and below it is washed out. The OG2 also has amazing guilding for something so worn. And why does he show you a picture of the front and back of the record card instead of the original scan? So it can be edited, printed and then photographed? Look at the entry for the bravery, could be okay but.....again, any one of these I explain away (except for the clear washing out of ink in the doc) but all of this combined is a hard pass.....

He has another set of glories, and a quick look the 2nd class SEEMS to have the right obverse but the handwritting is large and doesn't look like others in this range? on top of that the excellent machine gunner in that group is fake. Again, mixing of fake and real awards, modified awards and doctored documents.

Yeah, I noticed that stuff is mixed up. With me, if there's just a tiny doubt I stay away already and if one item is bad or messed with I stay away from everything a seller is offering. The Odessa doc looks like it's made yesterday and immediately polluted for a more old and authentic look.

more 'turds' being put up again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2