Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

XX RKKA medal original or fake?

Article about: Hi Everyone. What is your opinion regarding that medal? Original or just a good fake? Thank you!

Default XX RKKA medal original or fake?

Hi Everyone. What is your opinion regarding that medal? Original or just a good fake?
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture XX RKKA medal original or fake?   XX RKKA medal original or fake?  

XX RKKA medal original or fake?   XX RKKA medal original or fake?  

XX RKKA medal original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement XX RKKA medal original or fake?
    P
    Many

Spikenail,

Looking at your medal I would not feel comfortable with it. I don't like the overall finish, the star and the suspension ring. That said... I've never had one in my hands. Handled lots of Red Stars, OPW 1st & 2nd class along with ORB's but never a XX medal. I know what I have seen of Soviet orders and medals the quality of material used in them is fantastic. That's my problem with this one. Overall it looks substandard.

Maybe someone with more expertise will provide their opinion.

Regards,

Gerry C.
    In the High Plains of the Midwest

Quote by Gerry C View Post
    Spikenail,

Looking at your medal I would not feel comfortable with it. I don't like the overall finish, the star and the suspension ring. That said... I've never had one in my hands. Handled lots of Red Stars, OPW 1st & 2nd class along with ORB's but never a XX medal. I know what I have seen of Soviet orders and medals the quality of material used in them is fantastic. That's my problem with this one. Overall it looks substandard.

Maybe someone with more expertise will provide their opinion.

Regards,

Gerry C.
    In the High Plains of the Midwest
    I don't like it either.

Everything about it just looks wrong. The enamel , if it is enamel doesn't lie right, it has raised edges and seems to be ridged. The colour of the metal looks totally wrong and the "wear" appears to be cast into it.
    I stand to be corrected but I wouldn't even call it a good fake unless there is something wrong with my eyesight or the pictures or both

I would advise keeping away from this one and would have a hard look at anything else the seller is pushing.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I think you guys are correct. The enamel doesn't look good. Looks more like a bad paintjob. It jusy doesn't come close to the quality of the mint made medals.
    I also don't like the way the XX's are on the cirlcle. Please correct me if I am wrong but it looks like a bad castjob (especially clear on pic 5, taken from the bottom from an angle). Not for me this one.

That pictures I took from the sale announcement and I the beginning I had serious doubts on that medal. You just confirmed it. Thank you for attention. Best regards