Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

30mm Round identification please

Article about: Hi Guys. Can someone please help me id this round. It is a 30mm but is longer than anything I can find on the net at 285mm long from base to tip of projectile. My camera is not up to taking

Default 30mm Round identification please

Hi Guys.

Can someone please help me id this round. It is a 30mm but is longer than anything I can find on the net at 285mm long from base to tip of projectile. My camera is not up to taking a pic of the headstamps but they are as follows - on each quarter of the base is 57 CE 25 S

Also on the lower end of the case above the base is BMR 4/58

I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Max.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 30mm Round identification please  

I've got an idea for anybody that doesn't but cares to know...
    Measure the Diameter of the projectile (nominal caliber) and then the length of the Case.
    That will give you within reasonable tolerance your ammunition size which you can ask here or Google as you desire.
    The largest that comes to mind would be about 30 x 210mm which one saw enough of in the Balkans
    Last edited by Teck 147; 05-23-2023 at 10:01 AM.

?

This could be the one of russian aircraft ammo, should be measured lenght of case, not the complete lenght.
    Was the 30mm cannon found in the J-37 Viggen aircraft the same caliber as the common Aden/DEFA 30mm cannons found in Mirages and Jaguars? - Quora

Default Russian?

Yeah. I suspected it might be Russian as the only rounds I can find with the double rows of interupted crimps are on Russian rounds. The case alone measures 168mm. A lot of 30mm rounds are described as 30mm X 173mm.
    May be in that area, most of the pics of those look around the same size as the Russian ones when there is a frame of reference such as someone holding one in their hands.

?

Any marking on case? there are various ammunition for airplanes. The cartridge is too short for antiaircraft or other using. From the latin alphabet it could be not russian then.

I'm not liking the shape for 30x165 soviet. I'd seriously put my Money on 30x170mm Rarden or HS/ Oerlikon

Default Case markings

BMR 4/58 near the base is the only thing I can find on that.

I believe AndyB to be correct in that it should be measured by it's case length not it's overall length. A more careful measuring shows that is probably 30mm X 173mm as used in the Warthog and Avenger.

Raden

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Raden
    Well you certainly took your time.
    Were you too busy enjoying a very Brief retirement?

I thought the Warrior 30mm weapon was spellt RARDEn.. goes to show how long I've been here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast