Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Advice about possible kwk 36 shell

Article about: Good afternoon , I have been asked to place a bid on a german 88 mm shell. I own a few flak 88 shells with percussion primers , but this one has the c22 primer . Looking at the primer it see

?

Default Advice about possible kwk 36 shell

Good afternoon ,

I have been asked to place a bid on a german 88 mm shell.
    I own a few flak 88 shells with percussion primers , but this one has the c22 primer .
    Looking at the primer it seems to be a part of the shell looking at the wear and corrossion of the shell bottom and primer . So according to me not a put together round ( normal flak shell + c22 primer ) . But from what i can read in similar threads no one can be certain that this is a kwk shell ? Only if there is still text on the shell telling that this was intended for use for kwk 36 . What do you think about this one ?
    Kind regards. Advice about possible kwk 36 shell

It's not easy to discern from a photo if the Zündschraube has been swapped.
    Only cartridges stencilled as intended for Kw.k 36 were permitted to be used (makes sense, the Flak 18 etc. also used the exact same 570mm shells with c/12 Zündschraube).
    I can't see any markings on the base. But they are always a good indicator for instance Kw.k ammunition almost always used FES driving bands so that and for HE shells Sprgr. and the Fuze Type were invariably stamped on the base.

The markings on the base of Kw.k shells were usually quite large due to it being dark and smoky in a Tank and all

Just looked it up. The base can be stencilled or stamped.
    I'm picking they wouldn't have stamped them that offen, would've made it a pain in the A. at reloading time

?

Thank you for providing me all of this information !

Grt