Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anybody here deal with AKM militaria in the UK

Article about: I ran across a Gent on FB on one of the sites I visit, "Military Collectables" He got ripped off for \\$124 and seller avoids his emails and phone calls Just a warning to those who c

?

Default Anybody here deal with AKM militaria in the UK

I ran across a Gent on FB on one of the sites I visit, "Military Collectables"
    He got ripped off for $124 and seller avoids his emails and phone calls
    Just a warning to those who collected Ordnance .
    I googled that seller and This seller has Multiple complaints on Multiple Ordnance/ Cartridge collector sites.
    They are all the Same, You Pay for what you want and then , It never shows up, He avoids the customer, Blames it on the postal service, But never gives tracking information when requested after payments.
    I suggested filing a Mail Fraud complaint, but he thinks it to late. This started back on October of 2020 .

So any suggestions I could pass along?
    And a warning to future buyers to beware.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Lightbulb

I have purchased many good, genuine items for my collection from the dealer mentioned. However, every transaction has been in cash, face-to-face at militaria fairs.

?

Probably has one of the worst reputations in the hobby that akm guy. Wouldnt send a single coin
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

I have been buying from him the last few years online. I cannot lie, most of my ordnance collection used to be sourced from him. Insanely inconsistent I will admit. Times where items were shipped the next day, other times a week or two. But twice now in the past certain items took a month or two. Which i had to resolve using direct contact (Facebook messenger or WhatsApp) . Do keep in mind that if Americans try get ordnance from the U.K. it probably will get stopped at customs or something I reckon

It is annoying. He is one of the few only ordnance focused dealers and his prices are pretty good. Just a shame the trade off is shipping times. Which I have put up with since no good alternative exists and my location in the U.K. (north east Scotland) ordnance doesn’t exactly come up for sale here.

He’s the only dealer on my ‘Do Not Buy From’ list.

I once had to return an item to him that was damaged in transit, and I can safely say it’s the single most frustrating experience I’ve ever had in this hobby. After the aforementioned communications issues, I finally got it shipped back to him, only to have it returned to me a week later after he failed to collect it. I had to lug the very large and heavy package up to the post office a second time and send it off again before he finally received it and refunded me.

Aside from that, he’s generally a ball ache to deal with. Sends some items out immediately, but takes weeks or even months to send out others. Very often you’ll receive a completely different item (of the same type) to the one shown on his website. Bought a couple of nice 37mm shells from him, only to have a pair in worse condition arrive on my doorstep.

Most people who say good things about him have bought from him at shows, and I think that’s the way forward. It cuts through the communication and shipping issues, and you know you’re getting what you pay for. Personally, I’d prefer to spend my money with dealers who respect and value their customers.

B.B.

?

To add to that BB I have noticed occasionally he has misnamed shell types or failed to mentioned they were reproduced parts sometimes. Would catch out a starter collector

CSW
    ?

Almost bought from him once, decided to trust the negative reviews though. What a shame really, he occasionally has some quite interesting items on the site. Luckily there are some excellent ordnance dealers in Germany as well.

I've only ever bought from him in person at shows. If you live outside UK I would not bother attempting to buy anything ordnance related online. TBH international shipping of ordnance is much more of an issue nowadays.

What country is he in? Cancel my last got it. I shall have a look at him. I may know the fellow from past work!

CSW
    ?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    If you live outside UK I would not bother attempting to buy anything ordnance related online. TBH international shipping of ordnance is much more of an issue nowadays.
    Not related to AKM but: perhaps surprisingly I personally haven't had a single problem regarding shipping deactivated ordnance within the EU. I've been buying regularly from a German seller and all my packages have arrived without issues. Just my experience though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast