Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Rifle Grenade Drill version.

Article about: From the outset I apologise for not having a ruler next to this for scale, but I know what it is... British Army rifle grenade from 1955, so a Cold War relic I suppose you'd call it.

Default British Rifle Grenade Drill version.

From the outset I apologise for not having a ruler next to this for scale, but I know what it is...

British Army rifle grenade from 1955, so a Cold War relic I suppose you'd call it.

I like it. I am assuming the cardboard tube was added at some point in time. There would not have been that large of span in dates. The Korea era and post Korea and all under valued for collectability IMO. Many US items did not change except for the date.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I like it. I am assuming the cardboard tube was added at some point in time. There would not have been that large of span in dates. The Korea era and post Korea and all under valued for collectability IMO. Many US items did not change except for the date.
    John
    The tube and grenade were given to me together, so no idea when they were originally paired up but I agree with you that they came together at some point.

?

Energa grenade for FAL rifles?

Quote by Narcis View Post
    Energa grenade for FAL rifles?
    Yes I believe you are right although I've always known it as type 94.

Grenade Rifle Anti Tank No 94 Energa, (Drill). Still in service in the early 1980's went obsolete around 1983 or so. I spent hours of tedious boredom disposing of the Fuzes!

Lack of ruler forgiven!

Nice unusual item.
    I often thought of adding one of these to my deactivated L1A1 SLR as they are "part of the system" as it were. What has stopped me is that whilst the grenades are to be found at reasonable prices the "projector" (rifle attachment to enable firing) is as rare as hens teeth and goes for silly money. When I did my basic infantry training in '75 these were already obsolescent so we were never trained to use them. We were however, told about the "Energa Projector " pouch on the side of one of the front ammo pouches of the '58 patt webbing (opposite side had a bayonet frog attached) and advised that this was now designated as the place to carry the knife, fork and spoon (KFS) Typical British Army, it was as if that had always been the plan!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Yes I believe you are right although I've always known it as type 94.
    Yep to us regardless of official nomenclature it was simply "the Energa grenade".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I don't recall ever seeing one in British use although I know they were but here is a pic of the Bundesgrenzschutz and the FN FAL of which the UK L1A1 was a derivative.

Regards

Mark