Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone help me identify these bullets?

Article about: I found these bullets medal detecting an abandoned ww2 and ww1 firing range located in canada. The lee enfield rifle was made at this facility a long with the sten machine gun. Here are the

?

Default Can someone help me identify these bullets?

I found these bullets medal detecting an abandoned ww2 and ww1 firing range located in canada. The lee enfield rifle was made at this facility a long with the sten machine gun. Here are the findings.
    Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?Can someone help me identify these bullets?
    Attached Images Attached Images Can someone help me identify these bullets? 

?

Can anyone tell me anything about these finds i dont really know to much about them or there headstamps

The spent round is Dominion Arsenal used the DAQ headstamp from 1914 to 1918

The live round is for Mauser rifle.
    John

?

The first cartridge is a 7.92x57 german mauser round,it was however made in Canada postwar for clandestine use in small bush wars and insurrections suposedly run by the CIA.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Interestingly enough i read somewhere that the CIA had been to the shooting range i found it at. Im not sure what they were doing there or why but would u have any ideas? Also its stamped 43 which i assume is 1943 so the war had not ended yet.

Interesting reading - I am not saying they weren't produced/used Post War for clandestine operations but there are barely any mentions of the fact that Commonwealth forces used the 7.92x57 round (primarily in the BESA machine gun as an armoured vehicle armament) during WW2 & apparently, certainly in the UK, until the 60s.

I would have thought that was the more likely explanation for 7.92mm production; especially with the existence of proof & drill rounds.

?

That makes sense as well. Im not sure about the .22 and what looks like a .27 pistol round, but i did find them near the same place i found that coin dated 1916. The coin has a nice bulge in it that looks like someone had shot it with a .22 or any other small caliber weapon. I wonder if shooting coins was something the soldiers did for fun.

The Lee Enfield had a .22 in Rim Fire versions as a sub calibre trainer. The Number 7, 8 and 9 were .22in as well as the .22 pattern 1914 short rifle.

Oh, and on any number of occasions I have shot coins usually to demonstrate the ability to be accurate with the first shot from whichever position. It worked because it is a lot more visual than just shooting a target, although nowadays it would get you sacked for contravening a whole raft of health and safety regulations.

As for the 7.92mm, the Canadians had the Valentine tank from Britain and that had a BESA MG as secondary armament so probably that is the answer. Although never eliminate the fact that other early war armoured vehicles may have been used or experimented with. Looking at the Canadians habit of taking other vehicles and modifying them for their own purposes there are numerous possibilities that could have been tried.