Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Contact fuze of a german G7a torpedo

Article about: Hello out there, I need some help concerning a part of a contact fuze from a German G7a torpedo. Please se the attache Image. Is there anyone out there who has an idea of what such a German

nagidk
    ?

Default Contact fuze of a german G7a torpedo

Hello out there,

I need some help concerning a part of a contact fuze from a German G7a torpedo. Please se the attache Image.

Is there anyone out there who has an idea of what such a German G7a contact fuze is worth / will traded for / value, estimate.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Contact fuze of a german G7a torpedo  

?

That is the front part of a german Pistol, but it's a common part for numerous types, missing the main body, so an exact id is impossible unless it's indicated (a ring with text "Pixx" inside, located on the front part between two of the deflection arms).

Possible types (all dated from 1942 and onwards) would be:
    * Pi-G7H, later renamed Pi1
    * Pi2

The one blade of the armingpropeller is painted blue with the text "300", indicating 300 m arming distance. This was used for surfacevesels only (red/150 for uboats, black/100 for shore batteries).
    If it was original marking I'd say it's most likely a Pi1 pistol, but I'm pretty sure your markings is post war (danish), and they used both Pi1 and Pi2 types, as well as a newly developed variant with a new magnetic mechanism (Pi2g).

There were several subvariants of these to main pistols indicated with a small arabic lettering - for instance, Pi2a, Pi2b etc). Pi1 was mechanical only, while Pi2 was combined mechanical/magnetic.

There were also a few other variants, but most likely Pi1 or Pi2 as those were by far the types most used.

The different pistols were only used with specific types of warheads, which again were used with specific types of the 14 different torpedoes put to operational use by Kriegsmarine during WW2 (over 20 other types were in various state of development/testing at the end of the war).

?

Quote by Natter View Post
    (a ring with text "Pixx" inside, located on the front part between two of the deflection arms).
    Example: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...stol-pi1_2.jpg