Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')

Article about: Just wanted to share some images of my German WW2 'Panzerknacker' (great name!). The base I believe is original, but the top part is a modern replica. I understand these are very rare and ha

?

Default German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')

Just wanted to share some images of my German WW2 'Panzerknacker' (great name!). The base I believe is original, but the top part is a modern replica. I understand these are very rare and hard to get hold off, so am pleased to have this in my collection:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')   German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')  

German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')   German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')  

German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')   German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')  

Nice find, good addition to collection.

CBH
    ?

Interesting item, I never noticed how much these resemble panzerfaust warheads minus the front cone. With the magnets holding it at a distance so the shape change has space to work. Those crafty Germans.

?

I believe the panzerknacker was superseded by the panzerfaust, so it makes sense the later would be influenced by it.

I believe that this type of "Shaped/Hollow Charge" was first used in 1940 during the assault on Fortress Eben Emael...

Quote by CBH View Post
    Interesting item, I never noticed how much these resemble panzerfaust warheads minus the front cone. With the magnets holding it at a distance so the shape change has space to work. Those crafty Germans.
    By chance we stumbled upon these two.
    So here they are for direct comparison...
    German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')German WW2 Hafthohlladung ('Panzerknacker')

The original Post has a Replica Panzerfaust 60/100 shaped charge on the Magnethafthohladung base