Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Große GewehrPanzergranate 40

Article about: Here’s another ordnance post for today. The large Anti tank rifle grenade used by German during WW2 Supplementing the earlier AP round (GewehrPanzergranate 30) they developed for the Schie

?

Default Große GewehrPanzergranate 40

Here’s another ordnance post for today. The large Anti tank rifle grenade used by German during WW2

Supplementing the earlier AP round (GewehrPanzergranate 30) they developed for the Schiessbecher attachment. This round would of been pretty effective against light vehicles, half tracks and light tanks. It’s a Hollow charge round so it’s armour penetration would not be effected by its velocity.

These rifle grenades were issued with a wooden projectile rifle round attached to the body however these rounds as far as I am aware are very rare as they differ from wood projectile training rounds with different propellant loadings.

This is a good example. Unfortunately some damage around the threading but it can still screw in very nicely. The base can also be screwed to reveal some internal mechanisms including a striker.

Thanks for having a look
    John

?

?

Aw mate that is a beautiful set, way better than mine! Real manual as well?

?

nice one jb4046

I haven't got any better , but it is 80 years old , i wonder how i look when i am that age :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Große GewehrPanzergranate 40  

?

Great addition to the thread Lexie, I still need to get around to buying a HE rifle grenade

Here's my pouch to complete the set here.

?

Hahah didn’t expect my old thread to be revived like this! Very cool pouch mate

Now if anyone had one of those special 7.92 rounds designed only for rifle grenades that would be super cool!

Very cool! I had not seen the original post!

?

The throwing cartridge

Nick posts, makes for fun collecting.