Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Possible Ordnance

Article about: Hello, I have an item my great uncle brought home from WWII. He was a tank mechanic probably working on Shermans and Stuarts in N. Africa, Sicily, and D-day through Germany. I have no experi

Default Help Identifying Possible Ordnance

Hello,

I have an item my great uncle brought home from WWII. He was a tank mechanic probably working on Shermans and Stuarts in N. Africa, Sicily, and D-day through Germany. I have no experience with ordnance but it appears to be some sort of shell/casing/mortar because it has what I think is a used primer and black piece on the end that may act as rifling? What is odd though is it is threaded at both ends. Has anyone come across anything like this before or know what it might be?

Thanks everyone for taking a look!

Help Identifying Possible OrdnanceHelp Identifying Possible OrdnanceHelp Identifying Possible OrdnanceHelp Identifying Possible Ordnance

Parts of a ww2 german rifle grenade..
    Examples here
    GewehrSprenggranate 30

Great, thank you spotter for identifying it and the link to more information! Very cool to know what this object is. Maybe I will look for a head fuse to make it complete again.

Nice part of a Gewehr Sprenggranate 30. It's also nic eto see the bakilite bottem in such a great condition und also have a really good amount of paint left there. It shouldn;t be hard to find a Aufschlagzünder 5075 in alluminum or baklite. Nice piece of ordonance.