Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information on my two stick grenades please.

Article about: Hello guy's. I have been collecting first world war item's for some time. I have a number of German Egg Grenades but have always wanted to have something along the lines of stick grenade to

Default Information on my two stick grenades please.

Hello guy's.
    I have been collecting first world war item's for some time.
    I have a number of German Egg Grenades but have always wanted to have something along the lines of a few stick grenades to display with them.

At the end of the day I'm not opening a museum so not too concerned if they aren't matching parts and have been made up from loose ends as I'm sure alot are.

I understand other army's continued to use some ww1 equipment and I'm no expert that's why I'm here to learn.

The Austro-Hungarian one looks great to me, and although the training head stick grenade is more than fine for my display I would love to get any info of the handle and so on.
    Didn't the Finnish army keep making this type of set up for some time?

The handle does have some writing stamped in, though hard to make out, and on the other side of the handle I can make out a faintly printed SEK ?

Total height of the wood stick and head is 375mm
    The wood and fittings it self, without the head is about
    245mm -255m

The Austro-Hungarian is 75mm shorter in total length at 305m.

Love to hear some thoughts.

Cheers
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information on my two stick grenades please.   Information on my two stick grenades please.  

Information on my two stick grenades please.   Information on my two stick grenades please.  

Information on my two stick grenades please.   Information on my two stick grenades please.  

Information on my two stick grenades please.  
    Last edited by Coreynewzealand; 12-20-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Your Stiel Handgranate looks like a M16 (or maybe m17) practice grenade. The other reminds me more of a pomz or it's predecessors that someone decided to modify. It is of course the M15 though... It's missing a few bits

Yes the Austrian is rather crude in its design but I find it Gorgeous...

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information on my two stick grenades please.  

They were horribly unreliable and dangerous as hell