Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A Legal Question

Article about: Hello folks. I thought I’d put this question up on the forum, as research has turned up varying opinions with no clear answers either way. I’m currently in the process of putting togethe

Asking the seller if they've had any shipping/confiscation issues with the destination country the item is to be shipped to will get answers. Other wise it's just a "guess" as to what the outcome would be. You don't ask to discover, you'll never know.

?

Rich, I really don’t think it is worth it.

Even a false customs declaration to get past anything can lead to a lot of trouble in the states

I've decided it's simply not worth the risk to try importing anything ordnance-related from the States. It was an idea, but as with many ideas it's best left on the drawing board. I thank everyone for their help and insight. I'm currently on the hunt for a belt of modern .30-06, which will look just fine once it's loaded into the cloth belt I have ready for it, though that is proving difficult to find for whatever reason. Thanks again everyone, but I think we can officially declare this question of mine answered.

B.B.

Malvern....this weekend?

Hi B.B

Have a look at jaybe-militaria (UK based).

Description -

50 linked inert .30-06 machine gun cartridges

This is a machine gun belt comprising 50 inert and totally safe .30 caliber rifle rounds, of the type used in the 30 cal. heavy machine gun. This belt measures 26 1/8 inches or 665mm in length. The cases are nickel with a headstamp of F N with year dates from the 1950s, with dummy unstruck primers.

Our price: £75.00 per 50 round length, only 2 lengths available..

Kind regards,

Will.

Quote by Composite View Post
    Malvern....this weekend?
    I'll be working, unfortunately, and even if I wasn't it'd be quite a journey as I don't drive! Next show for me will probably be W&P next year, assuming it doesn't get canned again!

B.B.

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Hi B.B

Have a look at jaybe-militaria (UK based).

Description -

50 linked inert .30-06 machine gun cartridges

This is a machine gun belt comprising 50 inert and totally safe .30 caliber rifle rounds, of the type used in the 30 cal. heavy machine gun. This belt measures 26 1/8 inches or 665mm in length. The cases are nickel with a headstamp of F N with year dates from the 1950s, with dummy unstruck primers.

Our price: £75.00 per 50 round length, only 2 lengths available..

Kind regards,

Will.
    Thanks, Will. I spotted those, and have bought from Jaybe before, but as they're steel-cased rounds I'm not sure they'd look quite right on my setup! The US Army didn't use steel-cased .30-06 as far as I know.

B.B.

Here's a sickener for you Brodie... When I came out of the army I ended up working for a company called Thomas French & Sons. They used to weave rufflett tape for the tops of curtains, but during the war they made ammunition belts for the Browning and the Vickers gun. One day I was wandering around one of the old store rooms and came across boxes of uncut (to length) .30-06 belts. At the other side of the store room were wooden crates full of solid brass .30-06 rounds which were used in the weaving process to form the pockets for the bullets. I'm surprised they never got weighed in for scrap! The foreman said I could take as many as I wanted.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Here's a sickener for you Brodie... When I came out of the army I ended up working for a company called Thomas French & Sons. They used to weave rufflett tape for the tops of curtains, but during the war they made ammunition belts for the Browning and the Vickers gun. One day I was wandering around one of the old store rooms and came across boxes of uncut (to length) .30-06 belts. At the other side of the store room were wooden crates full of solid brass .30-06 rounds which were used in the weaving process to form the pockets for the bullets. I'm surprised they never got weighed in for scrap! The foreman said I could take as many as I wanted.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Hopefully you filled your pockets, then! Those would probably be highly collectible these days, and not just for the scrap value. The belts would have been a good pickup too. Wartime ones are hard to find now. Somebody could make a fortune with those uncut rolls if they're still lurking about in a warehouse somewhere. Unfortunately, as is often the case, the collectibility of these things isn't truly appreciated until long after they've already been tossed.

B.B.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve,

I will see that and raise the 200 Rd belt I disposed of last year that was found on a training area. Surprisingly it was imaculate even though it must have had 30+ years outside, (the time since Ferret and Saracen went out).

R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3