Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Legalitys of owning inert ww2 ammo in Western Australia

Article about: Hi guys i was just selling this 25 pounder and head on a couple forums when i got this private message. Is it a grey area owning inert ammo??? This is the message i got... "I've got som

Default Legalitys of owning inert ww2 ammo in Western Australia

Hi guys i was just selling this 25 pounder and head on a couple forums when i got this private message.
    Is it a grey area owning inert ammo???
    This is the message i got...

"I've got some bad news for you Marc I'd get rid of that posting ASAP. The boys in blue could pay you a visit and write you up for having "unlicensed ammunition" which carries a decent fine. You are not allowed to be in procession of any ammunition or parts of ammunition without a permit for that calibre of ammunition. Also spent ordnance remains the property of the commonwealth of Aust and you could also be charged with having it.
    Sorry to give you the bad news but I worked 27 years in the navy ordnance branch and the laws are the same for all services, get rid of the post and the spent ordnance quick. You can get what is called a collectors permit from the cops but they are very strictly controlled and you have to have permits and safes etc to get the permit and keep ammunition"

Default Re: Legalitys of owning inert ww2 ammo in Western Australia

This is the 25 punder im selling. Its now sold pending payment...

WW2 25 pounder artillary round forsale $70 by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

WW2 25 pounder artillary round by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Wow...you guys down there sure have some odd rules....you can't even have an old empty brass casing? Yikes...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

yep tighter than a fishs bum hole here in Australia. If it wernt so strict i would have an armoury of weapons.
    Our govenments stuffed. They banned all semi auto rifles then that doubled the prices of them on the black market. So no semi auto rifles but we can have semi auto handguns go figure.

Oh and bb guns are illegal, paintball guns need a gun licence. Really *****. To many fun police!

I have wildlife in my backyard that can kill and they are concernd with inert ammo lol

sounds like its time to move. too bad easier said than done.if we dont keep our gaurd up here.the same could happened to us in good ole USA. ammo is getting harder to find and the price keeps goin up.

Yep after we had the mass shooting (Martin Bryant massacre) It all went down hill fast.
    Not even allowed to have renderd semi autos rifles.

Well i forgot i had a mate in the museam that really knows his stuff wiith this stuff. I said " is it a grey area "? he sad not with police, they will come around take it and give me a big fine so looks like i found my answer. It ***** , cant belive that you cant even own a shell

Wow...that shell And the case to boot is as empty and inert as a Mother in Law's head....and now you're stuck with it...So, what now, I wonder? Do you have to turn it in?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yeah i may head down the cop shop without it and have a chat and let them know a time i will bring it in so i dont get shot walking in the front door. I will do my best to find out if i can keep it. Thats my main aim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast