Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M31 300 lb Air Bomb

Article about: After posting my M1917A1 helmet, it's time for me to post my other favorite collection, the M31 300lb Air Bomb! I bought it from the same helmet seller too. To be honest i was lucky to got t

Can you measure the girth/circumference?

Unfortunately i moved the bomb to the wall and it's difficult to roll it over. I'll search for a sewing tape measure first and i'll post the result when i get it.

Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    Unfortunately i moved the bomb to the wall and it's difficult to roll it over. I'll search for a sewing tape measure first and i'll post the result when i get it.
    I Play this Game alot, sometimes daily.....
    You are allowed to measure the accessible half and double it (or Quarter and quadruple etc etc)

I'm not yet find any sewing tape measure but i used the carpenter one and i measure half circumference of the Bomb. I got approximately 22 - 23 inches. I could be wrong though.

Fits for a M32 600lb
    Approx. 50" Body length and 15" Diameter
    Basically the same bomb just bigger. Was phased out and replaced by the GP 500 lb because they didn't fit in aircraft from the other allies

Wow. I never thought about that.

What aircraft equipped with the M32 and when the last time it's used?

I'm guessing just about every US designed aircraft fitted with a 14" bomb shackle. They only got phased out because a refit of british aircraft to take them wasn't going to happen.
    Not surprisingly, they were dropped until they ran out. If anything was left over after WW2 it would have been used for Training, Testing, sale to a third Party or even better let out over Korea

I see. I guess ML-KNIL B-10 or USAAF 19th BG / 7th BG. Thank you again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2