Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M72a3 law / 66

Article about: Thought I would share this item I have had to due interest in rocket launchers increasing at the moment! Here is my European produced ( I reckon Dutch/Norwegian/danish) and not British or Am

?

Default M72a3 law / 66

Thought I would share this item I have had to due interest in rocket launchers increasing at the moment!

Here is my European produced ( I reckon Dutch/Norwegian/danish) and not British or American made LAW . Due to how British deactivation laws work rocket launchers can dry fire and there are two metal rods welded in side. A pretty lightweight piece of kit and relatively cheap compared to more modern rocket launchers. Overall I think it’s a pretty good piece of kit that has quite a few modern versions that are even better

My dad was at one point an instructor for one of these ( as well as the larger LAW 80 , told me about the funny cartridge that could be used for spotting) so it’s pretty cool to have around.

These are still relatively cheap and common here in the U.K. not sure about other places

Hopefully you guys enjoy this as much as I do! I posted here in the ordnance section as I felt it is more at home here than the firearms section

I will also include pictures of a 1970 ”66” British manual I have as well

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

?

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

M72a3 law / 66

You might want to look into British Law as I'm reasonably sure that the fired tubes if not deactivated with an official certificate are classed as section 5 firearms.
    I'm sure Watchdog will confirm or correct this.

?

It has a certificate. I did mention it has metal rods welded inside but I do have certificate if you want me to post it as well

It was purchased from D&B militaria so it’s not like it’s come from a shady source anyways

No I was just wanting to advise and let you know should you need to obtain one.

You can't just 'obtain' a deactivation certificate for a deactivated weapon, if you own a deactivated weapon without a certificate you are breaking the law - unless of course the weapon bears proof house stamps. The certificate only shows that the weapon has been deactivated in the manner laid down by the EU - or in this case by the home Office, as EU regulations do not apply to the anti-tank rocket. If you have a deactivated weapon which has proof house stamps - but no certificate - the proof house needs to see the weapon before it can issue a replacement certificate. But the certificate is not a necessary requirement. That aside, John made it quite clear that the launcher is properly deactivated to UK law.

Cheers,
    Steve