Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

My little old 8.8

Article about: Far out I never knew about the driving bands stamped like that, thank you for sharing. Wow I would have loved to have been around when they were parting ways with them for scrap, seriously I

?

My little old 8.8

This is the KwK's as they are today in their forever homes. I plan to paint the insides of the boxes a cream colour and do the alloys brackets black then varnish the boxes. I have my eye on a big Bosch lamp like would be seen on the front of a kingtiger to maybe mount on a thick steel plate off the middle of the wheel. Can't rush these things though.

A unique conversation piece Rob.

Thumbs up

Excellent ! Thanks Rob - it's been so good to keep up with this long-running thread......

?

My little old 8.8 I was bidding on an SSh40 helmet then thought I'll let it go and to my surprise I scrolled down to suggestions on our local auction site to see a KwK43 round. What are the chances it's in NZ and only half and hours drive away. Anyway it has a C/22 corroded in place with faint ink markings. The AP top is incorrect though having flak18 bands. I'm making up an sPzAbt 502 display with a pair of early tiger tracks and early wheel from 502 with the autographs of Otto Carius and Albert Kercher, the AP top will go nice with them along with a poster done by Justin Zimmerman of the scene of the pair of commanders tanking out the Russian tanks in a village as described in Carius's book. I'm up and down getting a T-34/85 and JS-2 track to really set it off.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6