Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Smi. 35

Article about: As my first thread besides my new member joined thread I would like to show you guys my Smi. 35 that I got last week. It is in overall nice shape with both the top plate and the fuse adapter

Default My Smi. 35

As my first thread besides my new member joined thread I would like to show you guys my Smi. 35 that I got last week. It is in overall nice shape with both the top plate and the fuse adapter marked really nice and readable. I also have beside two of the fuze tubes all parts and even the wiper rings (I hope that this is the proper word) are still completlly in place. All in all I'm really happy with it due to the fact that I really wanted something like that for a long period of time in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Smi. 35   My Smi. 35  

My Smi. 35   My Smi. 35  

My Smi. 35  

A wonderful example of this infamous mine. Very difficult to find them complete these days. Is the shrapnel the earlier ball type or the later cut pieces of metal rod?

B.B.

The filling is consiting of the late war cut buletts and metal pieces. This is quite nice because it also fits with the production year 44.

Quote by Lochnard View Post
    The filling is consiting of the late war cut buletts and metal pieces. This is quite nice because it also fits with the production year 44.
    The later-war shrapnel looks a whole lot nastier than the earlier stuff. Not that those on the receiving end would have noticed much of a difference, of course! My own S-Mine is the same, though it's in far worse condition than yours, and incomplete. Most of these mines that come up for sale seem to be 1944-dated for whatever reason. Discovery of an old warehouse stock, maybe.

B.B.

I can totally agree. I also took a few pieces of shrapnel out of it in order to show it in my collection. I would mayby also say that we here in middle europe are getting more of the late war stuff do to the fact, that a lot of the early modells were mostly spend on the estern front somewhere in russia for example.

Also thx alot for the feedback so far, I really appreciate it.

I can totally agree. I also took a few pieces of shrapnel out of it in order to show it in my collection. I would mayby also say that we here in middle europe are getting more of the late war stuff do to the fact, that a lot of the early modells were mostly spend on the estern front somewhere in russia for example.
    That's very true. All the better for those who never had to risk stepping on them, and for those of us who collect them today!

I'm glad to have been of some help. I've been less active on the forum as of late than I'd like, and seeing something interesting like this was a good excuse to dust off the cobwebs.

B.B.

True words indeed. Hopfully stuff like isn't getting a chance to be put in the ground in the future with mayby even worse effects.

True words indeed. Hopfully stuff like isn't getting a chance to be put in the ground in the future with mayby even worse effects.
    There are places where these mines still pose a danger, unbelievably. Mainly in the more remote sections of the old Atlantic Wall. Obviously their jumping days are long gone, but they can still pack a nasty punch if disturbed. There's a reason landmines aren't really used anymore, or at least not by Western armies.

B.B.

B.B, Please explain "Obviously their jumping days are long gone, but they can still pack a nasty punch if disturbed." ?

Landmines are used nowadays, anti-personnel mines without self destruct mechanisms are banned but again that does not stop some nations. Anti-Vehicle mines are however still in service in most nations. Bounding fragmentation however remain prolific in many countries as either recent post war debris or because that nation refuses to comply with international rulings.

As for S-Minen 35 they like any mine used in the European, (or wider) conflict during 1939 - 45 can be found anywhere. Age does not guarantee condition or status, I have found the full spectrum of condition and armed / unarmed but rarely inert and in several countries, (Germany, Belgium, France, Croatia).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast