Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help stielhandgranate m24

Article about: Hello everyone i have a question about this item, what do you think about it? I know for sure that the handle is not from this grenade because it is in better condition than the head but is

Default Need help stielhandgranate m24

Hello everyone i have a question about this item, what do you think about it? I know for sure that the handle is not from this grenade because it is in better condition than the head but is it also original? There is a symbol wc44 on it, which means Hasag, Hugo Schneider AG. So far I have seen stamps from this manufacturer with a four-digit year and here are only the last two digits

Regards

Other than the fact it has a poor over paint I have no other comments. Is the handle original, probably not as the wood is decidedly better than the metal work. All in all a bog standard stielhandgranate. It is worth having but a bit of a Frankenstein.

I think it is all original, but from different places and is a bit of a frankenstein as noted. There is part missing on the top of the handle where the fuze usually fits into the handle. You see that the diameter of the hole in the tp is too large to snugly fit the igniter.

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Other than the fact it has a poor over paint I have no other comments. Is the handle original, probably not as the wood is decidedly better than the metal work. All in all a bog standard stielhandgranate. It is worth having but a bit of a Frankenstein.
    Yep that overpaint would be discernible from the other side of the street even without the clumsy WaA white eagle.

I'm not a collector of ordnance but I don't think I need to be as this is just like all the repainted helmets etc that abound in the market place.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It does not bother me that it is composed of different parts, I want everything to be 100% original. I collect German things in various conditions, so even if there is a bit of Frankenstein, it does not matter

If buying for generic display or other okay, but not any type of collector item. That would still be nicer than current made reproduction items. IMHO
    John

Quote by Tobiasz667 View Post
    It does not bother me that it is composed of different parts, I want everything to be 100% original. I collect German things in various conditions, so even if there is a bit of Frankenstein, it does not matter
    Wouldn't it be nice, just once to find someone collecting Royal Army Service Corps or anything not 'More German'.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice, just once to find someone collecting Royal Army Service Corps or anything not 'More German'.
    Seriously trying to give up collecting cantankerous old (and British) WO's.
    Ones enough in the Family

Back to the Grenade.
    Yes it's missing the 'Det holder' and the paint job is terrible but what bothers me the most about it is the totally unnecessary damage to both ends by badly fitting a 'new' wooden Stiel
    Is that a whiff of red paint under all that Green?

Teck,

"Seriously trying to give up collecting cantankerous old (and British) WO's.
    Ones enough in the Family".

One is definitely enough as each is worth 10 normal men, (20 antipodean's). He knows where you live though, and you're not too old to get a good hoofing, (nor is the WO too old to deliver it)!

The grenade, that red I think is corrosion. The awful green however masks everything. I have a 24 somewhere but that is stripped of paint where some criminal acetated it to remove the Expl. I wonder if this was the same.

R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast