Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Post your Armour Piercing rounds here!

Article about: With so many examples dotted throughout this sub-forum, I thought it might be worth trying to collect a few together into one thread. This field has so many examples to offer, from the solid

CSW
    ?

Here's a very nice 2cm Flak AP projectile I recently bought. It came with a decent 1944-dated casing but doesn't want to fit in it due to the neck being very tight. They are fine as separate display pieces anyway

Cheers!

Post your Armour Piercing rounds here! Post your Armour Piercing rounds here!

Post your Armour Piercing rounds here! Post your Armour Piercing rounds here!

?

Watch out. Once you start collecting 20x138B rounds. You get addicted pretty quickly!

CSW
    ?

Yup, that is very true - got a few already. They are gorgeous and mostly quite affordable as well, certainly an interesting item to collect!

?

Hahah would love to see your ones at some point.

Let’s just hope we don’t compete for them

CSW
    ?

Wow, that's what I'd call a collection. A very impressive bunch! Yes, I'm afraid I don't have quite as many since it's not my main field of collecting - will certainly show mine as soon as I get on leave though. Thank you very much for sharing!

Why are the 88's all standing on their Bases?

Are they missing Something?Post your Armour Piercing rounds here!

Teck,

We have the 'sticky out bits' most people do not! Be thankful for that.

Lightbulb

Base Fuzes on German AP shells do tend to make 'tidy' display rather difficult, as shown by this PaK43 round -

See a sticky out bit! They seem to congregate on the flat bit. i suppose they would fall off the pointy bit!

Sorry, I have had a day of supposed technicians who can't get basic terminology right let alone the workings of munitions!!!
    I shall now go and lay down in a cool dark room and mutter to myself for a couple of hours until I have a blood pressure that is not dangerously high!

Not to be a wise Guy but a wooden disc goes a long way toward alleviating said problem

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast