Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ?

Article about: I know this is an old thread, but my internet searching led me to it. I picked up what I thought was a real M24 stick grenade. It wasn't till I looked at it closer that I realized the handle

Default Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ?

I know this is an old thread, but my internet searching led me to it. I picked up what I thought was a real M24 stick grenade. It wasn't till I looked at it closer that I realized the handle and the warhead have different threads.
    The handle has a fine thread and the warhead has a course thread. I have looked all over it and I can only make out some very faint markings on the bottom of the warhead. It appears to be "44 fec" And a black stamp that that may be "?1941" It also appears to have been repainted before the black stamp was applied.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ?Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ?

From your pictures it all looks fine to me. You have no cap, pull string or porcelain ball though?
    Last edited by Danmark; 09-11-2023 at 01:03 AM.

Could it be a later war variation on threads?

Quote by Ian Hayes View Post
    Could it be a later war variation on threads?
    Possibly - although I've never seen that ( and it would be awkward to say the least arming them in the field )

Fine just missing parts as described already. Maker FEC is Stotz Kontakt GmbH from Mannheim.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Fine just missing parts as described already. Maker FEC is Stotz Kontakt GmbH from Mannheim.
    Thank you, I just drove through Mannheim this weekend.

Speaking of Mannheim, my German Grandmother worked in the Armaments Industry there - Producing Communications-Wire for the Wehrmacht - and enduring the Bombing Raids, one of which killed her foreman... It's also my Grandfather's Hometown...

From what I can tell looking at this webpage,German Stick Grenades, WWII - Inert-Ord.net my handle is a machined thread and my warhead is for a rolled threaded handle. So it looks like I got taken for on this one. Oh well, I will place it behind something on the shelf.

Still, you have original examples of early & late parts. Now you have to hunt down a late handle or early head!!

Quote by Phessor View Post
    From what I can tell looking at this webpage,German Stick Grenades, WWII - Inert-Ord.net my handle is a machined thread and my warhead is for a rolled threaded handle. So it looks like I got taken for on this one. Oh well, I will place it behind something on the shelf.
    Parts get swapped out, it might be a mismatch but everything is original nothing false about this grenade. Parts can be sourced.