Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

S-Mine 35 pickup!

Article about: This is definitely another "I've wanted this for a while" thread... Finally managed to find a decent example of the well-known German S-Mine or "Bouncing Betty" as it was

Have any of you seen the movie Land of Mine? Any good?

Still can be found in Lapland too and were still killing people well into the 1950s there with the amount the Germans left behind as they headed North out of Finland

CSW
    ?

Quote by sweersz View Post
    Have any of you seen the movie Land of Mine? Any good?
    I have and I did find it pretty good.

CSW
    ?

Quote by kradman View Post
    Still can be found in Lapland too and were still killing people well into the 1950s there with the amount the Germans left behind as they headed North out of Finland
    Indeed. The very first post-war years were naturally the worst and casualties were unfortunately common. Over 70 000 mines were found during the summer of 1945 alone. That's the figure for just mines, now add all the other sorts of ordnance and the number will be quite substantial indeed. Thousands are still found every year - I have personally seen there is still a lot of dangerous stuff out there.

CSW
    ?

Quote by Ryo View Post
    Man.. You must have a really cool collection at home..
    I do have some bits and pieces, nothing too spectacular though

I've dealt with several S Mines. They used to turn up in Sennelager quite often. They were always problematic to dispose of safely but the items available to us nowadays make it far easier. Mines are easy to deal with, the hard part is finding them first. I have a couple of S mines somewhere and a few British Mk1 and 2's. When I finish demolitions today I'll photograph them!

CSW
    ?

Recently completed the set with an appropriate 1944-dated inert fuze. Cheers!

S-Mine 35 pickup!

S-Mine 35 pickup! S-Mine 35 pickup!

Hello, nice items, I have one found in Alsace(east of France) where it was the mine war... Glass minen, Rigel Minen...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Mine :

S-Mine 35 pickup!

S-Mine 35 pickup!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

CSW
    ?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Mine :

S-Mine 35 pickup!

S-Mine 35 pickup!
    A beautiful example in excellent condition, thanks a lot for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2