Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Some polish 7.92x57mm Mauser casings

Article about: Thought I would share these relic polish Mauser casings. Not so much for the casings themselves rather the Headstamp markings and Annulus Colours that can be seen. Some information before I

?

Default Some polish 7.92x57mm Mauser casings

Thought I would share these relic polish Mauser casings. Not so much for the casings themselves rather the Headstamp markings and Annulus Colours that can be seen.

Some information before I post what each marking means.

The 12 o’clock position tells us the Manufacturer
    The 3 o’clock position tells us the year
    The 6 o’clock position tells us the Brass Supplier
    The 9 o’clock position tells us the Copper content %

^ A picture of all the casings together ^

^On these casings they have the manufacturer “N”
    “N” on the 1934 case reveals it was made by Zaklat Amunicyjnych Nr1 (1925-1935)

On the 1938 dated cases the “N” means they were made by Wytwórnia Amunicji Nr 1 Warsaw (1935-1939)

All three have the same 67% copper content in the brass. The second “N” at the 6 o’clock position means the brass was supplied by S-ka Akc. Metalowych pod Firma Norblin

Two Of these “N” cases have a Black Annulus meaning they were Ball rounds

^These Rounds made in 1932 were made by “Pk” who was Zaklady Amunicyjne POCISK Sp. Akc., Warsaw.

The brass supplier was “DZ” who was Walcownie Metali Sp. Akc. Dziedzice again with 67% Copper content for the brass

Both of these “Pk”rounds have black Annulus meaning they were Ball rounds

^These last two casings are quite different.
    One has the already seen “Pk” manufacturing mark. But this casing made in 1934 has the brass supplier of “Fr” who was Fabryka Wyrobrów Srebrnych Plateriwanych “Josef Fraget” Warsaw. This time also with a green Annulus meaning it’s projectile was a heavy Ball round

The casing on the right has a “Eagle” for the manufacturer. This means it was produced by Panstwowa Fabrika Amunicji, Skarzysko in 1930. With the brass supplier to once again being “N”

Hopefully that was a interesting read for you guys!

Interesting and very identifiable firing pin strikes. A full F.P analysis would be nice.

?

i will have a look around. I didnt even think about that. There seems to be two distinct firing pin strikes