Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

T-100 Japanese Mortar Rounds

Article about: Hello all,Although I am not an ordinance collector I do have a few pieces I am happy to share.Although these rounds are usually found with a Type 88 impact fuse The Type 100 instantaneous/ti

Default T-100 Japanese Mortar Rounds

Hello all,Although I am not an ordinance collector I do have a few pieces I am happy to share.Although these rounds are usually found with a Type 88 impact fuse
    The Type 100 instantaneous/time delay fuse is the correct fuse for this round.The type 88 will not arm until it is spun in a rifled barrel.Perhaps G.I.'s had more access to the T-88 or thought they were more impressive looking! In any case I think they make an interesting display!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture T-100 Japanese Mortar Rounds   T-100 Japanese Mortar Rounds  

T-100 Japanese Mortar Rounds  

MAP
    ?

Nice trio. I have one with the type 88 fuze and yellow band. Use it to display a US tankers helmet

Are you saying the type 88 is not correct?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

From what I have been able to research the Type 88 was for artillery rounds and the fuse would arm itself with the centrifugal force caused by the spinning of a rifled barrel. This mortar tube was not rifled so the fuse did not receive the action necessary to activate.I cannot say for sure if it would detonate on impact.I have not yet been able to answer that question but the thoughts are there were many more of the type 88 fuses available so they were de-activated and sent home in this way.They definitely look more impressive than the Type 100! more info here Japanese Type 100 81mm Mortar Round - Inert-Ord.Net Great Website! Regards,Geoff

MAP
    ?

Yes, know that site. Just always assumed this is how they came. But glad to know a bit more!

BTW. Like your site.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)