Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

127 8214 ja 1993

Article about: Should really appreciate opinions about this one... English , I know but more... /Hombre

?

Default 127 8214 ja 1993

Should really appreciate opinions about this one...
    English , I know but more...

/Hombre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 127 8214 ja 1993   127 8214 ja 1993  

127 8214 ja 1993  

?

Just found an article on this knife:

A British Army MoD (Ministry of Defense) survival knife
    A full-tang, 7-inch long, 6-inch wide, carbon steel blade, a riveted wooden handle, and a weight of just over one pound.
    The MoD knife was issued out to the British Army and RAF (as part of their survival kit) and is still a very popular knife among servicemen. Even the SAS has been known to have a love affair with this knife.

Be wary of imitations. If the knife does not have the NSN (Nato Stock Number) 4240-99-127-8214, then it's not an official issue MoD knife. That doesn't mean it won't be good, but it's obviously better to stick with the original. Reproductions are rarely as good as the originals. Additionally, the markings "JA" (Jay Adams - manufacturer), followed by a number (my knife is 1993, the year it was made), accompany the NSN.

Well, still have questions about this knife… Now when I know the name of the knife I have seen pictures of them but not with the sheath mine have… Should really appreciate any thoughts about that…

Thanks for looking!

?

I must admit that I am a little bit surprised... Over 100 views and nobody have anything at all to say...
    Okey, thanks for looking...

//H

An interesting knife, but it could be not well known by members. I have seen one I think was a repro.

Nice knife.
    Not real common here in the states. I had a Wilkinson made piece for a while
    but traded it off.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you, guys!

?

After been doing some research, contacting the company who made my knife I now know that the sheath is a military issued one.

Thanks for looking!

?

Interesting piece, nice research done, most real tool for emergency and survival, as the shape of blade and overal configuration doesnt look good for any combat purposes by SAS.

?

Never seen one before - nice looking knife, I'd add one to the collection if I came across one.

Alex