Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet

Article about: I was told by my grandmother that this is British from WW2 . Can anyone confirm that? It’s in my family for long time. No marking but the one on picture

?

Default Bayonet

I was told by my grandmother that this is British from WW2 . Can anyone confirm that? It’s in my family for long time. No marking but the one on picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet   Bayonet  

Bayonet  

Moved to the correct section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Looks South American to me. Maybe a Brazilian M1908

?

What do you mean?

?

The canvas frog (part that connects the scabbard to your belt) looks like it might be British and possibly WW2 but they aren't my area of collecting. The bayonet and scabbard are certainly not British. Refer to my previous comment and try this website Bayonet Identification Guide - worldbayonets.com

?

Yes its probably brazilian M08/34 when 38,5cm when 30cm blade so brazilian M1908, scabbard was made by brazil already, when screw in grips so the bayonet was overhauled in Brazil too, as mentioned frog is british.

?

Turkish M1890?

?

No way.Turkish M90 has longer blade and higher barell ring. Different hook ending with a ball.