Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bayonet id no.4 unmarked British (?) bayonet

Article about: I'm suggesting this is British due to the '07 pattern grips, the '07 size muzzel ring and blade similar but half an inch longer than the No.5 or LIA3. Again no markings and the edges of the

Default bayonet id no.4 unmarked British (?) bayonet

I'm suggesting this is British due to the '07 pattern grips, the '07 size muzzel ring and blade similar but half an inch longer than the No.5 or LIA3.
    Again no markings and the edges of the crossguard are fairly roughly cut.

your thoughts, as always, much appreciated

many thanks, Dave

oh, and all these and many many more are being disposed of should anyone fancy visiting Bournemouth - no, I can't be bothered to post them!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonet   bayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonet  

?

My guess is a British made Israeli No. 6 bayonet

nice one Alex, that might also explain the lack of markings. Well done & thank you

I'll have find some more challenges! Of the 589 bayonets that arrived there are now only a few I'm uncertain about

regards, dave

Interesting bayonet, thanks for showing it!

See also this page:
    Bayonets of Israel

A few days ago I gave one of these bayonets to a collector friend who is interested in Israeli militaria.

I bought the bayonet a long time ago in a German-speaking militaria forum, unfortunately there was no sheath included.
    Since the Israeli No.6-Style Short SMLE bayonet has a longer blade than the No.9 and No.7 bayonet and it seemed hopeless for me to get a suitable sheath, I finally sold the bayonet with a heavy heart. ..

Unfortunately I also forgot to measure the blade before selling it. ...
    But I contacted the buyer of the bayonet again and he kindly sent me the dimensions.

Blade length: 218mm
    Blade width: 22mm
    Blade thickness: 5mm

I took pictures of this bayonet before selling it and I will show them here in this thread afterwards.

I placed this bayonet next to a No.9 bayonet.
    The Israeli bayonet could not be completely stored in the No.9 sheath.

bayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonet

bayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonet

@rrickoshae

Would you please tell us the dimensions of your supposedly Israeli bayonet?

Here are some pictures of an Israeli No. 6-Style Short SMLE bayonet compared to a British No.5 MkI bayonet for the "Jungle Carbine".
    I received both bayonets yesterday.

I will show detailed pictures of the Israeli bayonet and the dimensions soon.

bayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonet

In the literature and on various pages on the www. you can find different blade lengths of this bayonet model.

Here are the dimensions of the last bayonet I showed:
    Blade length: approx. 210 mm
    Handle length including crossguard thickness: 121.6 mm
    Total length: approx. 332 mm
    Blade width: 23.4mm
    Blade thickness: 6mm
    MRD: 16.5mm

It is possible that these bayonets were manufactured in India and parts of the stocks were later purchased by Israel.

I would be very interested in further information about this bayonet model.

bayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonetbayonet id no.4  unmarked British (?) bayonet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast