Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet Information

Article about: I purchased 2 bayonets for \\$50 at a flea market, and after looking through here, see that one is a Chilean issue mauser, but am having a hard time IDing the second. Any info would be appreci

Default Bayonet Information

I purchased 2 bayonets for $50 at a flea market, and after looking through here, see that one is a Chilean issue mauser, but am having a hard time IDing the second.
    Any info would be appreciated. The only markings I see are the 311 over letter 'G' and the Circle II.
    Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet Information   Bayonet Information  

?

Default Re: Bayonet Information

Can you add a little bit info of bayonet (length, mussle ring diameter, full length photo with no scabbard) pls.

?

Maybe Portugese,need better pics and measurements as already mentioned. Compare it to this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet Information  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Not Portuguese-would think it an export Mauser for Brazil or Colombia or somewhere else 'south of the border' post WW1. Note the rounded curve to the handle underneath and the spine of the blade being less than the level of the back of the handle.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Not Portuguese-would think it an export Mauser for Brazil or Colombia or somewhere else 'south of the border' post WW1. Note the rounded curve to the handle underneath and the spine of the blade being less than the level of the back of the handle.
    I agree.

Thanks for the info. The diameter appears exactly the same size as the Chilean issue. Length 10". No markings on scabbard. Additional picture attached.

Thanks for the help.

?

I think it is a Model 1912 Mauser bayonet.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

thank you zwerge

?

I believe from the serial number and other markings You have there a spanish M1936 import bayonet, maybe started as german and reworked, You should look under grips, is there any stamps on other ricasso or crossguard?