Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

British No7 MkI Land Service Bayonet

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that it would be good to show the nicest British bayonet (in my opinion) of WW2. Here is one from my collection, but first here is some background info about the design. T

?

I was certainly quick to jump on this one when I saw it. Now all I need is a P1903 and a nice example of a P1913 and my Enfield collection will be pretty much complete (until I find a good deal on another one).

I found an article on the Wilkinson protoypes from someone who was able to find one of the few surviving examples for reference:

http://bayonetsplus.com/Number%207.pdf

After seeing a few more examples it seems like some of the dispersal markings were done quite faintly, it’s possible mine is just a particularly bad strike from one of the makers.

I have this Elkington example in my collection, I bought it in France more than forty years ago, I don't remember the price but it didn't seem expensive to me then

Found these pictures on my hard drive.

The images from the "Mau Mau War" (Mau Mau uprising) are probably reversed.

The other may show a British experimental self-loading rifle (probably a predecessor of the SA80) with the No.7 Mk.I/L mounted on it.
    British No7 MkI Land Service BayonetBritish No7 MkI Land Service BayonetBritish No7 MkI Land Service Bayonet

The EM-2 No.9 rifle in .280 calibre

The EM2 was a post war 1950s design for a new British service rifle to replace the .303 Lee Enfield but the decision to adopt 7.62 x 54mm as the standard Nato round was the end of that.

?

I find it funny the Americans didn’t like the .280 cartridge for being underpowered. Only to then jump to 5.56 a decade or two later and recently decided a .277 round for their new rifle…

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Found these pictures on my hard drive.

The images from the "Mau Mau War" (Mau Mau uprising) are probably reversed.

A colleague who has an appropriate program edited and colored the photo for me.

One of the soldiers, (a British "Commando" ?), is armed with the "Sten Mk. V" submachine gun.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British No7 MkI Land Service Bayonet   British No7 MkI Land Service Bayonet  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3