Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Butcher and the sawback

Article about: Hey guys! Just thought I'd post some pictures of my butcher and sawback bayonets. Don't know much about the markings other than the sawback was produced by r.stock&co I'm 1915 and the bu

Default Butcher and the sawback

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my butcher and sawback bayonets. Don't know much about the markings other than the sawback was produced by r.sButcher and the sawbacktock&co I'm 1915 and the butcher by gottlieb hammefahr but an unknown date. Feel free to drop some info on what the other markings could be Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback
    Butcher and the sawback

Very nice, particularly the Richard Stock made sawback. Not seen that often (1915-17) and a bonus to have the leather scabbard which was replaced with a full steel from 1915 and the flashguard added as well in that year.
    The other S98/05 has a fraktur inspection stamp, but no Imperial military acceptance mark.

?

S98/05nAS made by Stock sawbacked with earlier leather scabbard, which was normally used on S98/05aA, the proof speaks for Suhl production area, the other S98/05nA blade prepared by Hammesfahr, the end finisher is unknown, when not stamped on right ricasso. Additional info could be find by picture of proofs on pommel probably. The condition is ok. 49 is probably inventory serial.

Hello.

This is the only other marking on the pommel of the butcher bayonet. Many thanks

Butcher and the sawback

?

Thanks for provide the info, this is not a Solingen proof, so the end finisher of bayonet is unknown as not visible the finisher stamp on right ricasso.

Thank you for the fast reply sir. Would you say this is a private purchase bayonet? Many thanks

?

Certainly not, this is a war combat piece, unfortunally wout fiscal proof with date, as many were so accepted into service.

Awesome thank you so much sir!