MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Child’s bayonets....

Article about: Gentlemen, Recently I accidentally veered into the arcane subject of child’s bayonets. I was especially shocked to see that examples are often more expensive than the actual bayonets they

Default Child’s bayonets....

Gentlemen,

Recently I accidentally veered into the arcane subject of child’s bayonets. I was especially shocked to see that examples are often more expensive than the actual bayonets they are modeled on. I was curious if any of the members here have collected examples they wouldn’t mind showing off??

There are threads on the subject you could search with the advanced search box in top right corner. Also there were child size swords made back in the Imperial German period. Then there is the whole topic of miniature daggers as letter openers, common in both Imperial German and Third Reich era.

Yes, actually did try the search tool with disappointing results (then again, forum search tools often suck so it was more or less par for the course).

Child’s bayonets....here’s what started it all....

A neat piece, copy of a ‘71:

Very interesting... if memory serves, the French had “school“ bayonets - and I recall seeing one that closely copied the Chassepot pattern. Perhaps this Gras is also a school version?

?

About a month ago I picked up a Japanese child's wood handle bayonet at the local flea market . When I bought it I had no idea what it was . The odd thing about it is it has a hollow blade . I ran a piece of wire 14 inches long into the mounting hole in the grip and it went all the way in . There are no markings except for a couple numbers on the cross guard . Here are some pictures . Hope you enjoy . Dave Child’s bayonets....Child’s bayonets....Child’s bayonets....Child’s bayonets....

?

That is the first time seeing one like that.
    Very interesting that it has a hollow blade.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

From what I was told there are 3 versions of this bayonet . The first being this one , Hollow blade wood grip , second having a solid blade wood grip and the third being all metal .
    The rifle they went on was a 7/8th scale Not sure if it was a Type 30 or Type 38 .
    I was shocked when I ran the wire into it , thinking what the heck is this .
    Dave

Default Child's bayonets

Hi , The Japanese passion for militerism certainly extended to their youg children , as far back as the Samurai they had exquisite suits of armour/ swords etc made for their young sons. Even in the 1920/ 1930's Japanese school children from as young as 6/ 7 upwards were dressed in military uniforms complete with small guns etc . old photos show them as mini soldiers , educating them to warfare . these 3 childrens bayonets are examples,Child’s bayonets....Child’s bayonets....Child’s bayonets.... discribed as rare . and expensive !! .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast