Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Chilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry Sabre

Article about: Hi mates, I don't know in which forum area I should inquire about this edged weapon. A fellow collector on another forum sold me two French model cavalry sabers for export to Chile. Such sab

The better-preserved saber shows a 1A blade, but has fewer stamps.

The handles of both sabers are tight.
    "Loose" handles were common on this model.

Chilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry SabreChilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry SabreChilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry SabreChilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry SabreChilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry SabreChilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry SabreChilean Contract French Made M1890 Cavalry Sabre

?

On the 17 serialed guard sabre is visible the lack of leather buffer, in case they used not removable leather buffer and it shrunked or was damaged in years so the handles could getting lousy, when the pommel is hamered, when screwed so it should be reparable.

They are a nice looking sabre. Make a good wall display.

Nice looking blades. I always enjoy your posts and information. Did you post earlier in another thread that brass knuckles were a prohibited item where you live? I do not understand why if blades are good.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Nice looking blades. I always enjoy your posts and information. Did you post earlier in another thread that brass knuckles were a prohibited item where you live? I do not understand why if blades are good.
    John
    John,
    Law is law!
    And the train goes over it!
    (As they say here in Austria! ... )

In the United States, many types of weapons, (both, edged weapons and firearms also), are subject to more liberal laws than here in Europe.

And I think, that's a good thing! ...

Ro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2