Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese PLA paratroopers combat knife

Article about: Hi, mates, do need further informations regarding the PLA of China Paratrooper "Type 65" cord cutter knife. Thax. in advance ! R.

Question Chinese PLA paratroopers combat knife

Hi, mates,

do need further informations regarding the PLA of China Paratrooper "Type 65" cord cutter knife.

Thx. in advance !
    R.
    Chinese PLA paratroopers combat knife

Found this page:

Chinese Type 65 Airborne Parachutist Knife | #1877221742

which describes the knife (among others) as follows:

... "This is a type 65 Chinese army PLA Knife. There are 3 variations of this model, hook knife paratrooper model, standard plain double edge dagger, and the double edge with sawback. This is the paratrooper model with the hook cut blade designed as a combat dagger and to easily cut free parachute cord.These are one of the most highly prized and desirable models amongst Chinese special forces soldiers and airborne troops.These are nearly impossible to get outside of the PLA and even more rare here in the USA.These are razor sharp, and weigh in at only 8.3 oz.including the sheath.The lightweight but strong design is due to he handle being constructed of lightweight aluminum and a type of abs plastic.The blade also has a 2 sided lightening cut down the middle.The sheath was obviously inspired by US designs and is also constructed of abs with real leather frog.These are genuine and correct.There may be very minor storage wear but are in unissued condition with perfect factory edges." ...

and, this page:

Selten!!! Chinesischen Typ 65 Airborne Commando Militarische Armee Messer Kampf PLA Speical Forces Armee Messer Zwei Stil Fur Sammlung Karambit Klinge K Von 67,61 € | DHgate Deutschland

Possibly one or the other of you also owns one of the various versions of the "TYPE 65" and can tell us more about it here?

Here is a photo which a collector friend once somewhere on the www. found and posted on a collectors forum.
    Chinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knife

Very interesting knife.
    I have never seen one like it before.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very interesting knife.
    I have never seen one like it before.
    How it looks like you, no one else here in the forum either...

But you're right, this knife, of which there are several versions, is absolutely unknown to many.

It is also not known exactly whether the very few specimens that appear here in the West are actually Chinese PLA issued originals or productions for the collectors' market.
    A colleague collector who works in China has posted photos of his knives which he himself procured in China and which are not really different from my copy.

Chinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knife

The dimensions ("approx. dimensions" !) of the "M1965" / "Type 65" I have here:

Blade length: 149mm
    Handle length (incl. crossguard and knob screw connection): 112 mm
    Total length: 261mm
    Blade width at the handle: 22 mm
    Blade Thickness: 5mm

Black plastic handle;
    Grip rings and crossguard made of aluminium;
    Knob screw probably made of brass;

In the front area of the knife blade, up to almost half the length of the blade, "serrations" (a "serrated edge") (for cutting through parachute cords) are ground in (on the upper side);

On both sides of the blade is a narrow "fuller" (to reduce the weight of the knife and to "stabilize" the blade);

The scabbard is made according to "pattern US M8 / US M8 AI"
    Scabbard body made of black plastic;
    The riveting of the leather belt strap is magnetic;

Chinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knife

Chinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knifeChinese PLA paratroopers combat knife

It looks well made and recent, perhaps too good to be a Chinese military piece. I would have my doubts, the Star on the snap button?

This is supposed to be the "Third Model" / "3rd Pattern" of this combat knife.

ThereĀ“s:
    Chinese "M65" / "GK82 FT" Para Helmet

the Chinese "M65" / "GK82 FT" Para Helmet.