Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...

Article about: Hi, mates, I know, this knife is a Bundeswehr trial knife, but, I want to get some informations regarding the knife here. Thx. in advance, R.

Default Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...

Hi, mates,

I know, this knife is a Bundeswehr trial knife, but, I want to get some more informations regarding the knife here.

Thx. in advance,
    R.
    Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...
    Last edited by Reibert; 05-23-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Some more images:
    Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...Do need informations regarding this, particular, knife ...

Overall lenght: 220 mm
    Blade lenght: 114 mm

What sort of material is the scabbard made from?

No wood, it´s a composite material I guess ...

Compare the scabbard of the Dutch M4 bayonet,
    Bayonets of the Netherlands (Holland)
    or, the danish M1950 and M1962
    Bayonets of Denmark

Fibreglass perhaps. The scabbard certainly has a German look about it, like a mini KS98 scabbard.

I assume, the maker could have been the company Carl Eickhorn, but I do not know it for sure.
    This pattern knife never was adopted in the Bundeswehr, as some other types of trial knives also !

AFAIK, most of the knives of this particular pattern Bundeswehr trial knife, (Versuchskampfmesser), were destroyed by the BW after the trial period. ...

Is there any literature describing this, particular, experimental combat knife of the BW ?
    Last edited by Reibert; 05-29-2022 at 10:34 PM.

In the book by Eugen von Halász "Deutsche Kampfmesser II" I was able to find some information about this edged weapon, (Versuchskampfmesser), of the Bundeswehr, which is rarely found.

From about 1958 to 1962, this knife was issued as "model number 432" as a utility knife only in the Einzelkämpferinspektion der Infanterieschule in Hammelburg, (lone fighter inspection of the infantry school in Hammelburg), and there exclusively to course participants and was confiscated after completion and stored and stored again for the subsequent course.

The troop tests with the knife were probably unsatisfactory.
    After the trials were completed, the knives were destroyed, but a few of these experimental combat knives appear to have "survived" to this day.

According to the author, there is no indication of the manufacturer of the experimental combat knife, (Versuchskampfmesser), nor any further information on this extremely rare edged weapon of the Bundeswehr.

However, this experimental combat knife may, (in my opinion), originally have been the inspiration for the model 1968 combat knife, Kampfmesser der Bundeswehr M1968, (and its immediate predecessor models), that was recently introduced into the Bundeswehr.

I would be very interested in further information on this extremly scarce Bundeswehr trial combat knife.

In my personal opinion, even Carl Eickhorn could possibly have been the maker of this experimental combat knife ?
    But as I wrote here, it's just my personal opinion ! ...

Thx. in advance,
    R.