Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish sea saber

Article about: Finnish sea saber. hi! asked to identify the sword.What year of manufacture.... before 1945 or a modern product.

?

Default Finnish sea saber

Finnish sea saber.
    hi! asked to identify the sword.What year of manufacture.... before 1945 or a modern product.
    Finnish sea saberFinnish sea saberFinnish sea saberFinnish sea saberFinnish sea saberFinnish sea saberFinnish sea saberFinnish sea saber

So did you buy the Danish naval sword Ollar? I could tell you about this one, but if it's just a quizz or for one of your clients...

This is Finnish navy m/22 sword. Navy because leather scabbard, others have metal scabbards.

E. & F. HÖRSTER is german made. Finns ordered all their swords from germany before and after ww2.

I think this specimen is made 1950-ties. Maker logo doesn't match before-war made maker logos.

This sword model is still in use in Finnish military, 101 years and counting. Sword design was created 1919-1920. New swords are identical to old, only maker changes.

?

This logo correspond with german dagger blades of early and late 30ies. Its large Horstator TM in middle. But maybe used postwar too, i dont know.

?

I bought a Dane...And I want to buy a Finnish sea saber.I collect marine items .

New information, E. & F. HÖRSTER Solingen stamped m/22 swords were made in 1970-ties.