Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

Article about: Picked this up yesterday. Always wanted one. They are quite common and cheap. I'm sure many of you have one of these in a draw or pocket Officially this are the West German Bundeswehr Tasche

MAP
    ?

Luckily they are legal here. Most of my pocket knives are one handed "flippers"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Nice Reibert, I've never seen the Bund marked ones before.

Alex
    Alex, one knife is Navy, die other one´s are Bundeswehr Sparky´s knives.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    and you need to press a clasp to remove the "fixed" blade back into the hilt.
    Typically referred to here as a "liner lock", as the liner on one side is cut, bent, and utilized as a lock for the opened blade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

They are all nice knives, but the French version is particularly interesting. Every implement you need to eat your meal, including opening the cans and bottle, are there! I am going to look for one of those.

Here are pictures of the "Soldatenmesser 08" ("Dutch" "soldier's knife 08") of the Netherlands, which differs from the soldier's knife of the Bundeswehr (more, or less ...).

The clearest feature is probably the completely different (compared to the BW knife) design of the "saw".
    G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

The Netherlands even afford the "luxury" of a (completely official) "military" pouch in which the knife is stored.

I do not know whether the Bundeswehr issued a pouch together with the "Messer 08".

This bag even has its own "official" NSN (National Stock Number)!
    NSN 8465-17-110-1750

MvD stands for:
    Ministerie van Defensie (MinDef)
    Ministry of Defense (MinDef)
    G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

MAP
    ?

A very nice variation. I do like that curved saw blade. Although it doesn't look nearly as sharp as the more traditional flat bladed example
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So it is ...

CBH
    ?

I think the Dutch knife has seatbelt cutter instead of a saw they are also used in the gutting of game.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice. I like the Victorinox example.
    Bundeswehr Taschenmesser (Bundeswehr pocket knife) / "Soldatenmesser 08" ("soldier knife 08")

Features:
    Large locking blade with 2/3 serrated edge
    detectable
    olive grip scales with coat of arms
    7 tools
    10 functions:

Blade, large with serrated edge
    Reamer
    bottle opener
    Screwdriver 5 mm, locking
    wire stripper
    wood saw
    Phillips screwdriver 1 - 2
    tin opener
    Screwdriver 3mm
    keychain

Bundeswehr pocket knife - technical data
    Length: 111mm
    Height: 18mm
    Blade length: 85mm
    Width: 34.5mm
    Weight: 131g

The new BW pocket knife was introduced in the Bundeswehr in 2009 and replaced the old model that was delivered to the troops in 1976.
    A selection process for a new soldier's knife was also started in Switzerland in 2008, which Victorinox won with the "Soldatenmesser 08".
    Last edited by Reibert; 01-06-2023 at 10:59 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast