Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

Article about: Picked this up yesterday. Always wanted one. They are quite common and cheap. I'm sure many of you have one of these in a draw or pocket Officially this are the West German Bundeswehr Tasche

I received two more used "Soldatenmesser 08" from Germany.

The VICTORINOX manufacturer's stamp is attached to these two knives in a different place than the other knife, which I have already presented here in the thread.

The PRESS stamp is also missing on these two knives, which I am showing here.

Received a package from the Netherlands today with Dutch military items.
    The package should also contain pocket knives, as far as I was told.
    Will open it in the coming days, maybe knives will be included again, which could be of interest here in this thread?
    G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Received a package from the Netherlands today with Dutch military items.
    The package should also contain pocket knives, as far as I was told.
    Will open it in the coming days, maybe knives will be included again, which could be of interest here in this thread?
    Opened the package today.

In it a Dutch combat helmet (aramid) with camouflage cover, various accessories for the helmet to mount the NVG, as well as a set of foam dampers for the liner of a combat helmet also a medal, a Dutch Army cutlery set, and a Paratrooper badge.
    Two Dutch pistol pouches were also in the package.

I was particularly pleased that two pocket knives for the Dutch armed forces, manufactured by Victorinox, were included in the package.

Total length of the Dutch army pocket knife with the blade folded out: 197 mm
    Blade length: 86mm
    Handle Length: 111mm
    Blade width: 15.5mm
    Blade Thickness: 2.5mm

The blade is stamped on the left side (the inside) with:
    VICTORINOX
    SWITZERLAND
    STAINLESS

on the right side, (the outside), stamped with:
    DE-GM

BTW, pocket knife is called zakmes in Dutch

G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

The "DAK 93" / "Dutch Army Knife 1993 Pattern" ("Dutch Army Knife Model 1993") is the predecessor of the "DAK 10", the Dutch army pocket knife (zakmes) to the "one-hand knife".

The "DAK 93" does not have a "saw", but it seems to me that it is "superior" to the "GAK" of the Bundeswehr in terms of quality and "robustness".

The "DAK 93" is based on the Swiss Victorinox army "Centurion" pocket knife.
    G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr TaschenmesserG.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

The coat of arms
    G.A.K. - West German Bundeswehr Taschenmesser

Another nice knife. Collecting them can become endless. I will not ever come close to owning all the US issued knives and also available for PX purchase. 1000's of options. Some of the US examples are better in terms of quality and other not so much.
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3