Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?

Article about: Hi, mates, received some US -Army stuff. Among the gear an, "foliage green", Gerber LMFII Infantry utility knife, ASEK -version, (A.S.E.K.: Air-crew Survival Egress Knife). Can any

Default Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?

Hi, mates,

received some US -Army stuff.
    Among the gear an, "foliage green", Gerber LMFII Infantry utility knife, ASEK -version, (A.S.E.K.: Air-crew Survival Egress Knife).

Can anyone confirm that such knives received an NSN, and, were/are such "Gerber´s", (LMFII "Infantry"), ever "GI -issued", or, only "private purchased" ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.
    Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?
    Last edited by Reibert; 08-09-2021 at 06:24 PM.

PRE
    ?

Reibert,
    Here you go...
    NSN 1095-01-552-5218 was assigned on 15 June 2007 in the Federal Logistics Information System.

More information here:

National Stock Number NSN 1095-01-552-5218, 1095015525218

Pat

Thx. a lot, Pat !

This, particular, Gerber LMFII Infantry show´s clear traces of usage...
    IMO the weak point of the knife is the material of the hilt ...
    Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?

Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?

My son used the Gerber LMFII Infantry "private purchased", ("Coyote brown"), in his Airborne unit.
    Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?

PRE
    ?

I can see features on the knife in question that would have been useful for a downed aircrew engaged in escape/evasion, or waiting for CSAR. Personnel in ground units use mostly private purchase knives from other companies.

You probably already know this, but the US State of Oregon is home to many knife making companies, including Benchmade (my favorite!).

Pat

Hi,
    I know that there are now replicas of well-known combat knives and utility knives on the international market from various manufacturers, often from Asia...

Some knives from the manufacturer GERBER are available on the www. very well described, as well as their reproductions.
    In particular the Gerber "Strongarm".

About the "Gerber" "LMF II Infantry" and its "A.S.E.K." -Model as a replica/reproduction for the collector market but there isn't really anything to be found...

I know that GERBER manufactured the "LMFII INFANTRY" with two different manufacturer logos and lettering.

I now have a few "LMFII INFANTRY" utility knives in my collection and some knives differ from each other in certain details.
    I will now show two knives of this model in the color "Coyote Brown" and would like to know whether these are original knives from Gerber production, or a well-known replica from abroad for the collector's market.

The dimensions of the first knife:
    Blade length: 125mm
    Handle length: 146mm
    Total length: 271mm
    Blade width: 35.5mm
    Blade thickness: 5mm

The knife shows slight signs of wear and tear, the edge of the blade appears to have been sharpened.

Maybe my questions are too specific, I don't know, but maybe there is a collector of combat knives and utility knives here in the forum who could help me with my questions? ...

Many thanks in advance,
    Ro

Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?
    Last edited by Reibert; 03-08-2024 at 10:26 PM.

Here is another GERBER LMFII INFANTRY ASEK which differs from the previously shown knife in some manufacturing features.
    For example in the dimensions as well as in details of the stamping/laser markings

The dimensions here:
    Blade length: 124mm
    Handle length: 145mm
    Total length: 269mm
    Blade width: 35.5mm
    Blade thickness: 5mm

Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?

Here are more detailed pictures of the second GERBER LMFII INFANTRY utility knife.

Blade lasering:
    PORTLAND, OREGON
    USA

Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?Gerber LMFII Infantry GI-issued actually ?