Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Gravity Knife, OFW

Article about: Bought this at the Show of Shows in Kentucky, around 2 months ago. There were many WW2 issue, but not many "Bund" issue. I believe I payed \\$70.00 dollars. Interesting design.

Meanwhile have these pics of another M1963 with the manufacturer etched on the blade
    WMF

found.

This specimen also lacks the manufacturer's logo on one of the two grip components, which is usually stamped under the butt cap by this manufacturer.

Don't believe in a coincidence anymore, i.e. in exchanged components from different manufacturers of the knife when disassembling for cleaning and assembling swapped components in the barracks.
    German Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFW

Quote by Sanman512 View Post
    I have a German Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern with OFW on the blade. It would be perfect except when the blade is fully extended there is a small but noticeable wobble to it. ...
    7 GRAVITY KNIVES FOR SALE - YouTube

Here another Kappmesser / Fallmesser (gravity knife), M1963 made by WMF (Württembergische Metallwarenfabrik).
    Here again a WMF 72 which is not marked with WMF under the butt cap, like specimens of this manufacturer which only have the blade etching WMF (without year !) on the blade.

Interesting the G3 / HK33 bayonet with wire cutting function.
    According to a 1984 Eickhorn sales catalogue, this model is referred to as the G3/S.

The M1963 and the "G3/S" were both found in the Ravensburg district.
    The M1963 was offered there at a flea market.

The M1963 could, therefore, possibly have "served" in the "Fallschirmjägerregiment 31" Seedorf ("Luftlandebrigade 1").
    Of course, this is pure speculation, since the M1963 was also issued in other units in the Bundeswehr, for example in the Panzertruppe.

The M1963 and the G3/S are unfortunately only in a "salty condition", but (in my opinion) still worth collecting.
    The cutting edge of the blade of the M1963 is slightly ground, a sign that this Kappmesser was actually used in the troops and not just stayed in the soldiers' lockers.
    German Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFWGerman Gravity Knife, OFW

Some more Bundeswehr gravity knives, also commercial ones, You can find there:

Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2