Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help me identify pls

Article about: Hello, can someone help me identify this bayonet, it have mark IP 303 on back side, and as can see no mark on the blade. Thank you

?

Default Help me identify pls

Hello, can someone help me identify this bayonet, it have mark IP 303 on back side, and as can see no mark on the blade.
    Thank youHelp me identify pls
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me identify pls  

?

Help me identify pls

It is a Czech VZ24.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is a Czech VZ24.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you 😀

?

Can you tell me more about this Mark on the blade (its another blade) Help me identify pls

?

hi, vz24 czech it's not in my opinion. Please indicate the length of the entire bayonet. and I.P. means: instructional battalion. The instruction battalion (abbreviation IP) was established in Milovice on October 1, 1928 and replaced the existing II. a battalion of the 28th Infantry Regiment, which until then had served as an instructional unit at the Infantry School. The task of the instructional battalion as a school unit was to participate in the practical training of infantry commanders and at the same time test new armaments and methods of combat. At its inception, the instruction battalion consisted of two infantry companies (1st and 2nd), a cycling company (3rd), machine gun companies (4th), technical companies (consisting of a pioneer platoon and a liaison platoon) and a replacement company. In 1933, the battalion received an auxiliary platoon. From October 1, 1935, its composition expanded to include another infantry company and a company of accompanying weapons, consisting of a mortar platoon and a cannon platoon. At the same time, a machine gun company formed a platoon of large machine guns against aircraft. From October 1, 1936, the second cannon platoon was included in the composition of the company, while the VKPL platoon was removed from its composition and expanded to the VKPL company. The battalion was motorized on the same date.
    During the mobilization in September 1938, the 2nd Instructional Battalion 2 was formed as a "B" unit. Together with the peaceful Instructional Battalion (which bore the number 1 during the existence of its twin), both units were included in the motorized brigade of the 1st Rapid Division. The battalion ended its activities on July 31, 1939.

?

IP is there unreal, in 1928 were already Vz.24 used, this bayonet is a damage of M1895 Mannlicher, removed barell ring, 1P means a first Infantry Regiment.